The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

Anyone grab one of the Flannels yet from SENY?

I know you're probably looking for opinions other than the guy selling them... but i have two they gave me while i was in Japan and i haven't liked a flannel as much as these two in a long time. I think it's partially because of the fit and partially because the fabrics are very nice.

They're Flat Head fabric level but the western one which is brushed is even softer, closer to how some of the mini-check Iron Heart flannels are so soft they almost feel like cashmere, except this is brushed on the inside, not outside.

also the pattern on the inside (atleast) on the one i saw) was different then the outside, i cant figure out how they did it

I've been doing this for a while now and i can't figure the shit out either unless it's a triple layered woven pattern done on a "triple cross" loom, but it's selvedge fabric, and i don't think those looms exist that old.

i just figured out the sizing discrepancies, the seny model runs a lot smaller then the rest. the info below is in inches for the XL size

Standard:

Shoulder: 20.9

Chest: 22.8

Lenth: 29.5

SENY (its probaly cut smaller as its a western shirt rather than WS)

Shoulder: 20.1

Chest: 20.9

Length: 29.5

Yup, the workshirt versions are cut wider and boxier, the western ones are slimmer.

Yes I believe so. Levi has cease and desist on all red tabs (I think), but Strike Golds are originally made with the red tabs in Japan. So when they are shipped here they are taken off and left in the knife pocket.

Someone please confirm that, lol. Mine had the tab in the pocket.

looks good oak!

I was wondering whats the consensus on sizing with the 1105? I'm around a 29.5 waist, should I get the 29 or 30? I'm leaning towards the 29 because I was a smaller leg opening. Also whats the max shrinkage you have gotten on the leg opening on the 1105?

looks good oak!

I was wondering whats the consensus on sizing with the 1105? I'm around a 29.5 waist, should I get the 29 or 30? I'm leaning towards the 29 because I was a smaller leg opening. Also whats the max shrinkage you have gotten on the leg opening on the 1105?

On the size 28, it was 7.4" leg opening then after I gave it a (hot) pre-soak I think it ended up around 7.1" or 7.0". I didn't check after the first real wash but I'm assuming it's around .4"-.5" of total shrinkage in the leg opening.