The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

Quick sizing question. If I wear a size 29 in Skull 5010 comfortably, should a get a pair of 28 or 29 in slims? I'm only asking this because the 5010 are saforized while the Slims aren't. Many thanks!

You'd be a size 29 in Strike Gold jeans as well, they run a hair over tagged size and shrink to the tagged size after a soak.

• 3 weeks later...

I just checked with the store, my guys have called you to get your address but you haven't returned their voicemail they left you.

I had them look you up in our system and they just mailed them out to the address on file for your last order.

After conversing with Kiya for a little bit, I went into SESF and tried these beauties on. Superhelpful and chill people. Those things aside, I was concerned about the roughness of the denim. Has anybody run into problem with it (i.e. roughing up your skin), or does the denim soften up with an initial soak and/or over time? Cheers.

I've been wearing mine for five days and already the back pocket area has softened up from sitting on them.

I'm amazed at this denim, after soaking it the denim becomes even more uneven in places and you can see the deep indigo hue instantly. It's very close to a denim type that Samurai used to produce four or five years ago. It was a super loose weave denim, very abrasive at first but softened up within a week.

• 4 weeks later...

first time poster here.

after practicing on a pair of nudies and lvcs for two years, i decided to get the sg1105 as my first japanese denim.

(btw, SE in LA is proof that God exists :D)

to commemorate the plunge, below are some obligatory pics.

post-soak, free-stand

zraujr

close-up - needless to say, the denim on these are amazing.

r2mzga

i know there are some other cuts sg1107 (i think) is only available in japan, but otherwise the same. Earlier in the thread kiya mentioned something along those lines when i asked about a model that he didnt have...super heavyweight strike golds coming soon

kiya, any idea if something like this will show up state side?

http://en.item.rakuten.com/star-foot/sg1107ex/

Yup, that's actually a pre-order, all stores (including Self Edge) are getting those in August, it's made of 24oz indigo unsanforized denim with a gold selvedge id.

hopefully coming soon...i probably wont be able to afford them

i know there are some other cuts sg1107 (i think) is only available in japan, but otherwise the same. Earlier in the thread kiya mentioned something along those lines when i asked about a model that he didnt have...super heavyweight strike golds coming soon

The SG1107 won't be of much interest to most people here, it's a bootcut jean.

heavyweights coming to Self Edge?!?! and any idea what the cut is??

They're doing a 24oz unsanforized jean, construction and details are very impressive, should be out in mid-November.