The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

kiya, any idea if something like this will show up state side?

http://en.item.rakuten.com/star-foot/sg1107ex/

Yup, that's actually a pre-order, all stores (including Self Edge) are getting those in August, it's made of 24oz indigo unsanforized denim with a gold selvedge id.

I have no idea why anyone needs 24oz denim, let alone anything over 17oz, but the noobs who want something radical can keep spending their money too. I won't talk them out of it.

Back pockets after taking off arcs. Pre-soak. Post-soak, no evidence of stitch holes existed.

DSCN2311_903.jpg

I have no idea why anyone needs 24oz denim, let alone anything over 17oz, but the noobs who want something radical can keep spending their money too. I won't talk them out of it.

Back pockets after taking off arcs. Pre-soak. Post-soak, no evidence of stitch holes existed.

DSCN2311_903.jpg

Where the arcs used to be is noticeable, but if you massage the denim on the pockets a little bit it will allow the denim to settle and the holes where the thread was passed through the denim will not be noticeable at all.

BTW I am with LandoCal on this. Those arcs are horrible looking and they look a ton better without the arcs.

Thanks guys. Post-soak, you;d never know the arcs were there. Removing them is tedious, but you get into the rhythm (and it's not my first time)

a.khan - totally understood. Philly winters are just as harsh.

Im not particularly worried about the arcs, i dont like em very much but they will probably fall of after a bit of wear. the orange thread on the corners of the pocket is already gone so i figure its pretty delicate.

i have so much work to do on my imperials and dry bones, but I went ahead and bought a pair of the 1105 anyways. they're coming saturday..so I'll get some fit pics and color-accurate detail photos up then. stoked.