The Strike Gold

TokenIndianKid

In my experience with other denim like this, you'll see more shrink when you wash after wearing them for a while. Sometimes the denim needs to be stretched a bit with wear so that it'll 'settle' and fully shrink with the next wash.

so how do you like them?

hows the length, fit, comfort, etc? i still need a pair of jeans, should i consider these?

i would recommend these to anybody, they are very rough but they become more and more comfortable quickly. the fit is really great, i sized up a ton. My 1105s are kinda more like well fitting 1101s so yours would probably be slimmer. I would suggest trying them on at the store because there really is nothing that feels like em. ill keep updating this thread but really a fantastic pair of jeans and a great buy for anyone who loves a really intense fabric.

Fit up top looks great. Hem that shit with a bit of a break, or double cuff, and you're golden. Fuck stacks.

Agreed, after seeing that photo i think i may have found my next jean once these RJB jeans disintegrate.

I wonder if anybody ever buys a car and says, "I can't wait for this thang to start rusting!"

Those things look good though. For me it would be a toss up between these and the steam locomotive.

Using sz 30 slim leg strike gold's as an example, when they start at 31" and shrink 1.25" down to 29.75 - when they are said to stretch 1" after 30 wears, is that more like the 29.75 stretching to 30.75 or is that more like from the original 31" to 32"?

I am looking for something about 30 or 31 that stretches to 32. All my jeans end up 32" when sagged a bit, but I also have only bought sanforized jeans, so I'm thrown off a bit. I just tried 103BSP's but they never shrank enough so I ended up with a 33 or 34" waist, which literally falls off me.

Sounds like you'd be a size 30 in the SG1105 jean, after doing a soak it'll shrink to tagged size then eventually stretch out to about 31.5".

Here's my Strike Gold 1105's post soak. I did a boiling water and hot tap water soak for about 50 minutes. The denim feels and looks amazing. They were a bitch to button up during the first attempt but after that it was all good. Double cuff status right now. I'm going to do a boiling water soak below from the knee down to possibly get more shrinkage. Would anyone recommend throwing them in the dryer after soaking the lower half to increase the shrinkage amount with these jeans?

img1698x.jpg img1699k.jpg img1693y.jpg img1704a.jpg

They look perfect, leave em alone and wear em!

yea, idd leave em and i usually like my jeans ridiculously slim but they look good. If i would suggest anything it would be to roll em up another notch itll look slimmer if theres less extra material around the bottom

My 1005s (32w) just got prepped/soaked last night.

Jeans measured ~34.5" across dry. They had been hemmed to 35" inseam.

One 1/2 hour hot soak took them down to ~33" across waist and 33" inseam.

A full machine dry on hot and a second hot soak and air dry took them down to the 32" waist and ~32.5" inseam. I'm expecting more inseam shrink. Fit is amazing. Will post up fit pics soon.

Edit: leg opening saw ~.25" across shrink. It's now 8.25"

Here's my Strike Gold 1105's post soak. I did a boiling water and hot tap water soak for about 50 minutes. The denim feels and looks amazing. They were a bitch to button up during the first attempt but after that it was all good. Double cuff status right now. I'm going to do a boiling water soak below from the knee down to possibly get more shrinkage. Would anyone recommend throwing them in the dryer after soaking the lower half to increase the shrinkage amount with these jeans?

they will look better once the denim breaks in. nice fit