Running shoes

herpsky

Can anyone who's had the lunarglide 2 and 3 tell me how this narrower forefoot on the 3 is? I find my frees are a bit loose because of how wide they are, and thought the narrowness on the lunar 3s may actually be a boon.

Also, is the lunar sole more durable than the frees? after only a couple hundred clicks my frees are in pretty bad shape.

Can anyone who's had the lunarglide 2 and 3 tell me how this narrower forefoot on the 3 is? I find my frees are a bit loose because of how wide they are, and thought the narrowness on the lunar 3s may actually be a boon.

Also, is the lunar sole more durable than the frees? after only a couple hundred clicks my frees are in pretty bad shape.

lunargide 3's wideness can be tinkered with depending on how you tie the laces through the forefoot strap on either side of each shoe

• 3 months later...

anyone have problems with running in frees? i know they're deemed "running" shoes, but i think the lack of support is causing me some lower back pains. i know that my college soccer coaches prohibit the team from wearing them for actual running. anyone experience similar issues?

Frees are not meant to be an everyday training shoe. in fact, you actually should run no more than 4-5 mi in them for a given run. so many people don't understand this for some reason. they were designed for xc runners as a recovery/foot strength building shoe.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Drewtronius

I'm looking for a new pair of running shoes.

I'm currently wearing nike free 5.0s.

I used to wear asics and mizuno but ditched them for frees.

They are the best running shoes I've ever worn - light, durable, and comfortable.

The only concern here is that the arch support and cushioning aren't as good as those of mizuno and asics.

Does anyone have 4.0s? Do you like them better than the 5.0s?

Any recommendations?

I run 5-6 miles a day. Mostly on pavements.

Well the whole point of the Nike Free technology is to imitate being barefoot, hence the flexibility ... So when running with these shoes that are categorized as "minimalist" you should actually not be heel striking and then toeing off but rather coming down on your forefoot or "balls" of your feet ... This is how they prevent injury and get categorized as the more efficient running sneakers, it's all in the proper form