Running shoes

herpsky

I'm looking for a new pair of running shoes.

I'm currently wearing nike free 5.0s.

I used to wear asics and mizuno but ditched them for frees.

They are the best running shoes I've ever worn - light, durable, and comfortable.

The only concern here is that the arch support and cushioning aren't as good as those of mizuno and asics.

Does anyone have 4.0s? Do you like them better than the 5.0s?

Any recommendations?

I run 5-6 miles a day. Mostly on pavements.

I used to do track and feild for about 3 years.. For me Asics or new balance would do the trick for me..excellent shock absorbtion

http://www.aperfectdealer.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/scstore/p-M2001BK.html?L+scstore+gzhn0416ff007700+1194225469

Check out these new balance 2001-M2001BK

Also, what do you rely heavily on more? stability or cushioning? performance?

I wear the Nike 360s and I'm in love. They're a little on the heavy side, but the cushioning and comfort is the best I've felt in a running shoe.

Nike makes horrible running shoes IMO. Asics or New Balance all the way. I'm currently running in Asics Gel-DS Trainers. But it all really depends on your foot pronation and what type of running shoe type you prefer w/ more stability, cushioning, lightness, stiffness, etc.

TN711_0190M.jpg

Guest supernoob

asics are good shoes if you have flat feet. nike is pretty terrible i agre...it's ok if you are very "neutral" or whatever it is called from what i hear. i have flat feet so i like asics motion control joints

i was always a diehard nike fan for running until i went to a store that specializes in running shoes. they had me run around the store then actually had me run around the block while they watched me run. they told me i needed more stabilzation and suggested brooks. i've been using those ever since and love them. i get a new pair every 6 months. i run 10-15 miles a week.

Nike are kings when it comes to basketball shoes, however they're a peice of shit when it comes to performance/stability for runners imo..

If by non-traditional you mean neutral runners then you COULD try the Saucony Triumph 4.. You want extreme cushioning then try these out..

http://www.sportsbasement.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&itemID=11228

saucony29191dtkl1.jpg

You want performance then try the NB 1123's

They are lightweight and very cushioned thanks to the blown rubber outsole..

http://www.aperfectdealer.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/scstore/p-MR1123MC.html?L+scstore+gzhn0416ff007700+1194227187

mr1123mclgyu7.gif

My mom runs alot, used to use NB's but switched to Frees because she's a hypebeast. She tried the ones with the nike+ slot, but she fucked them up quick and went back to Frees.

I used to do track and feild for about 3 years.. For me Asics or new balance would do the trick for me..excellent shock absorbtion

http://www.aperfectdealer.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/scstore/p-M2001BK.html?L+scstore+gzhn0416ff007700+1194225469

Check out these new balance 2001-M2001BK

Also, what do you rely heavily on more? stability or cushioning? performance?

does that help you run away from cops in any way?

Guest supernoob
Im not into tennis much so correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt shoes that are lighter give you better perfomance on the court? You would want it to be lightweight to increase speed

boy is u retarted???

of course u want it 2 b lite. thing is tenins ware down shoo rly fast, n u need support otherwise u gone roll ur anklee blad. so most shoo r fairly heavy

i picked up a pair of puma complete connicinity, good price on them and the stabilty and support has been amazing to be honest. they are also incredibly light weight. the arch support has been pretty good as well and i have some what high arches.

PMCC-fv.jpg

i'm about to cop some asics gel kayano. i have less than 40% of the cartiledge in my left knee, so take it seriously when buying new sneakers for sport. i pronate, and have orthotics, and my podiatrist and physio both recommended the kayano specifically, and asics more generally as the best.

my knees, ankles and shins feel so much better during and after exercise due to the orthotics - my mechanics aren't even that bad, but the difference they make is phenomenal. i'd definitely recommend going and getting yourself checked out by a podiatrist - even if you don't need orthotics/extra support they'll recommend the shoes that will suit you best.

my knees, ankles and shins feel so much better during and after exercise due to the orthotics - my mechanics aren't even that bad, but the difference they make is phenomenal. i'd definitely recommend going and getting yourself checked out by a podiatrist - even if you don't need orthotics/extra support they'll recommend the shoes that will suit you best.

I'll look into it.

Asics Kayano and/or Nimbus.

Right now I'm rotating between Kayano XII and Nimbus 9.

I'm also wearing a Mueller jumpers knee strap and a Cho-Pat achilles strap, both on my left leg to help deal w/ knee and achilles pain.

Running is supposed to be good for you right? Ha ha.

If you are an overprotonator, like me and the majority of runners, and you want a shoe that give pretty decent support whle being reasonably lightweight, I like the Asic GT-2010. I've also had good results with the Brooks GTS Adrenaline and the Saucony Grid Stabil. Really, the best thing is to get a recommendation at a good running store though.