Chukka Boots

jeepster

can anyone recommend me some chukka boots styled shoes?

Get Smart's Alden boots are amazing, and I like the Clarks, but I wanna keep my options open, so gimme some names/pics of good, and relatively inexpensive boots. this is for anyone interested as well, so feel free to discuss.

go.

oh yeah.. forgot to mention, they should probably size up beyond 14... cause im a 14 haha

those macallisters are very nice, but largest size is 13M, and i'm already a 14EEEE, so i usually have to get 14M as a standard and hope they stretch out.

• 9 months later...

I think Clarks might be your only option. Alden's, Red Wings and Common Projects don't go to a 14. You might catch a deal on some Opening Ceremony. Earlier this season I was looking for a particular pair of OC's, contacted almost every shop in the US and EU and while I didn't find a 45, I'm pretty sure that I found a 48 or 49.

That being said, I'm sure you've heard of all the pitfalls of OC, but since the size is so huge you could probably get a sale price, otherwise I would go with Clarks.

• 1 year later...

not a fan of Alife shoes, but thought their chukka's looked pretty nice, more of a sneaker chukka like vans.

liking the brown and grey (minus the blue sole) but wish they had a black sole of the black ones.

alife-fall-2009-chukka-1.jpg

how was that rock you've been living under for the past couple years?

• 3 weeks later...