WAYWT shit talking thread

cheep

i haven't watched 411 in a minute, but they don't have lance anymore? I think the first episode I ever got was #24 or soemthing, and the intro was him bombing this grass hill reading his notes. shits classic.

Nah they haven't had a proper host since #50 or so... for a while it was rotating hosts and then none... haven't picked up a 411 for a while now... I think the first one I bought was #4... back then we'd rotate vids btwn the kids... one month someone would fork out the cash for a vid and then we'd do the double VCR thing to make copies... ha.

the 50th issue was lance's last. they had a whole retrospective with highlights of his hosting. i still have that on vhs lying around somewhere. jamie thomas was on the cover front boarding a handrail that was insanely steep. the openers included frank gerwer's kickflip down wallenburg. insane to think what has been done on it since. he was the enabler. for a while people thought it was impossible to kickflip. now all sorts of things have been thrown down it.

/skate nerd off

Nah they haven't had a proper host since #50 or so... for a while it was rotating hosts and then none... haven't picked up a 411 for a while now... I think the first one I bought was #4... back then we'd rotate vids btwn the kids... one month someone would fork out the cash for a vid and then we'd do the double VCR thing to make copies... ha.

that was the one with penny as a little kid right? we did the same thing... one kid would get a vid and everyone would borrow it to make a copy. i wish i still had all the videos i had back then...

I know it's an easy past time to hate on ed038934, but that looks fine. Nothing to look twice or once at, but still. At least he's honest about that shit. He said he used to dress pseudo-street before, decided to give more sufu type stuff a try, didn't work out for him, sold some stuff back and now is dressing how he used to, but a bit more better. I'm not saying i really like this fit that much or the shoes, but it seems like some of you are reaching now.

While in the park today for Sinzdabedar...

IMG_0229.jpg

Dad:

Josh Podoll

Costco Eyewear

5 Year Old Nokia

Sugar Cane Hawaii

New Balance

Me:

Dior

Sugar Cane Hand Loom Style

Dior

The moobs are not a good look. I'd bin the leotard top and go back to the drawing board.

no way, he didn't dress street before, or even pseudo-street. If I remember correctly, it was some boot cut steez and wack ass dress shoes, right?

You may be right. I was going off something he said a few weeks ago where he said he just started dressing similar to how he used to using what he learned on sufu. Still, i don't see a major problem with his outfit and think people just feel like spewing weak hate.

no way, he didn't dress street before, or even pseudo-street. If I remember correctly, it was some boot cut steez and wack ass dress shoes, right?

Never have worn boot cut.. maybe you're thinking of my terribly sized black new standards which i did sell, and when i made the comment chrono is talking about I was talking about before I started posting on sufu.

You may be right. I was going off something he said a few weeks ago where he said he just started dressing similar to how he used to using what he learned on sufu. Still, i don't see a major problem with his outfit and think people just feel like spewing weak hate.

its not about that specific outfit that makes me cringe, its the fact that his constant evolving style from one thing to another shows how incapable he is of having his own style. within his stay on sufu, he went from goth ninja to streetwear back and forth, attempting to not just create his own spin/look but creating exact replicas of what he thought was "cool." ie, mike lowrey's layered crewnecks and also his last attempt with pinrolling + streetwear bite.

but i gotta say, he doesnt look bad in his recent waywt, and he is def making improvements.

It's also a sign of a young kid (probably under 20) who is trying to find what works best for him. It's easier to tell if a look or specific item doesn't work for you by trying it on and creating outfits than it is to just theorize. And about the "style biting", people need to get over themselves and quit pretending that everyone lives in the same sufu universe they do. That's a tought claim to make that he's just doing something so the internet thinks he's cool. He may legitimately think the look is visually interesting so he wanted to try his hand at it. So what if he's influenced by posters on the board. He's just trying to create some outfits he likes, not be a sufu trendsetter. People forget this board is only 300 (regulars) posters all across the world. Some use the board as a family/community, some for entertainment, and others just to find some better outfits to wear.

Wow, kiya probably payed far out the ass for that outfit, but one could probably build about the same thing for around $180 total.

I'd like to pay you $180 just to build those Mister Freedom jeans alone.