WAYWT shit talking thread

cheep

I like superfuture because in general, it's population is less suceptable to fashion trends than most. Many people ie. milspex/chris/cotton/poly seem to find a style that suits them, and perfect it, creating huge degrees of variation. This is a reiteration of what many have said before. No matter how fashion forward something is, SOMEONE is going to call it out if it doesn't look good.

Arguements like "you just don't understand because you're so behind the curve" are something I'd exect to encounter on the fashion spot or style zeitgeist or even honest forum. I wouldn't go as far as calling anyone a trend hopper, but when it comes down to it, the only difference that distinquishes the kids on fashionspot from the kids on honest forum is how far ahead[or behind] of trends they are. The items of "progressive fashion" are trends just as much as True Religions are. Just more advanced. I'm by no means saying SUFU is immune to trends, just that its a forum that, in its nature, is much more resistant to accepting items or looks because of their status on the fashion ladder than for their fit and quality and aesthetic.

I like superfuture because in general, it's population is less suceptable to fashion trends than most. Many people ie. milspex/chris/cotton/poly seem to find a style that suits them, and perfect it, creating huge degrees of variation. This is a reiteration of what many have said before. No matter how fashion forward something is, SOMEONE is going to call it out if it doesn't look good.

Arguements like "you just don't understand because you're so behind the curve" are something I'd exect to encounter on the fashion spot or style zeitgeist or even honest forum. I wouldn't go as far as calling anyone a trend hopper, but when it comes down to it, the only difference that distinquishes the kids on fashionspot from the kids on honest forum is how far ahead[or behind] of trends they are. The items of "progressive fashion" are trends just as much as True Religions are. Just more advanced. I'm by no means saying SUFU is immune to trends, just that its a forum that, in its nature, is much more resistant to accepting items or looks because of their status on the fashion ladder than for their fit and quality and aesthetic.

fashion is so developed that it is no longer an adequate means of personal (individual) expression in the naive modernist sense. no one here should be claiming not to follow trends. we all conform to something, and this is especially visible in the use of language. but you must conform to it before you can begin to alter its rules poetically. the worst members here are people who deny altogether that they are conforming to anything.

You talk about "what looks good" as if this is something universally obvious. i define it a bit differently in terms of fluency with a certain style and the ability to alter its rules. with older styles which are more commercialized it becomes more difficult to make a meaningful contribution.

i suppose if i was a fan of children`s poetry (not written for, but by) i could appreciate clopek`s fits, but he is trying to run before he can walk. DJrajio on the other hand displays a fluent command of "progressive" (and what is progressive is relative to context) style in any modern industrialized nation.

holy crap....the usual suspects come trotting out one by one, in rabid defense mode.

i can just imagine the frantic AIM chat:

djradio: yo fellas, they're dissin me, come back me up.

jmatsu: i'm on it. [later] damn, need more backup. robi....go!

robideaux: as you command, so shall it be done.

progressive fashion is necessarily subversive and for this reason should expect resistance from luddites like you, especially when it takes on an aesthetic which might otherwise have been previously considered feminine. what is considered masculin/feminin is to a large degree arbitrary....

hate to say it, but you sound exactly like eric glennie

anyway, the popular opinions of this board are meaningless because there are no restrictions on who can play.
not here to argue the merits of your position vs. the popular opinions of the board. i don't care who is right. in fact, it's retarded to even try to argue the correctness of opinions. my point is your cronies and yourself are trying way too hard to defend yourselves. especially if you don't care about the opinions of this board. your bloated essay only further underscores my point.
I can also tell that you subscribe to archaic notions of masculinity due to your homosexual like physique.

i don't really have a point to make here, i just wanted to quote so i could preserve this for future amusement.

holy crap....the usual suspects come trotting out one by one, in rabid defense mode.

not here to argue the merits of your position vs. the popular opinions of the board. i don't care who is right. in fact, it's retarded to even try to argue the correctness of opinions. my point is your cronies and yourself are trying way too hard to defend yourselves. especially if you don't care about the opinions of this board. your bloated essay only further underscores my point.

i don't really have a point to make here, i just wanted to quote so i could preserve this for future amusement.

better to participate in an actual discussion about a controversial fit on a "fashion" board than waste hours compiling shitty ass threads on repro denim, psuedo heritage labels, and the like, which only serve to further reinforce the bland aesthetic of the SUFU hegemony. in terms of wasted effort my "bloated essay" cant hold a candle to the crap you spend your time online doing. who`s trying too hard again macho man? we never claimed not to care--its just an insult to everyone (who matters) when cretins like you and Clopek try to talk fancy and feign knowledge.

fashion is so developed that it is no longer an adequate means of personal (individual) expression in the naive modernist sense. no one here should be claiming not to follow trends. we all conform to something, and this is especially visible in the use of language. but you must conform to it before you can begin to alter its rules poetically. the worst members here are people who deny altogether that they are conforming to anything.

Agreed. My point was merely that, collectively, SuFu is less likely to blindly follow the fashion forwards.

You talk about "what looks good" as if this is something universally obvious. i define it a bit differently in terms of fluency with a certain style and the ability to alter its rules. with older styles which are more commercialized it becomes more difficult to make a meaningful contribution.

"What looks good" is arbitrary in the sense that anyone can have a divergent opinion. That doesn't mean that anything can look good, fashionable or not. A tiedye peacoat will look ridiculous regardless of which avante gaurde designer was involved in its conception and what kind of statement it makes. The ability to make a meaningful artistic impression is not the singular objective of fashion, rather it exist alongside practicality, quality, and making the wearer look good.

i suppose if i was a fan of children`s poetry (not written for, but by) i could appreciate clopek`s fits, but he is trying to run before he can walk. DJrajio on the other hand displays a fluent command of "progressive" (and what is progressive is relative to context) style in any modern industrialized nation.

Agreed.

which doesnt necessarily mean you should spend all these pages restating a point. some like rajios fit, some dont. end of story. obviously, nobody wants to change their opinion one way or the other.

but whatever.

at least bring another outfit into the thread.

Agreed. My point was merely that, collectively, SuFu is less likely to blindly follow the fashion forwards.

"What looks good" is arbitrary in the sense that anyone can have a divergent opinion. That doesn't mean that anything can look good, fashionable or not. A tiedye peacoat will look ridiculous regardless of which avante gaurde designer was involved in its conception and what kind of statement it makes. The ability to make a meaningful artistic impression is not the singular objective of fashion, rather it exist alongside practicality, quality, and making the wearer look good.

Agreed.

yes, sufu is less likely to follow the fashion forwards, but this is most likely a product of the timorousness of certain members. eventually the styles displayed by the truly fashion forward will trickle down to the SUFU masses. how else do you think mike lowrey went from stussy and true religion to ccp and rick owens? the majority of people here are defected hypebeasters, whether they admit it or not...

quality doesn`t necessarily compromise the artistic value of a garment. your point is moot. and once again you use the meaningless phrase "making the wearer look good."

a tye dye peacot may make me want to puke right now, but my mind is flexible enough to imagine a context in which it could possibly be relevant. you never know...

quality doesn`t necessarily compromise the artistic value of a garment. your point is moot. and once again you use the meaningless phrase "making the wearer look good."

a tye dye peacot may make me want to puke right now, but my mind is flexible enough to imagine a context in which it could possibly be relevant. you never know...

I never said quality compromised artistic merit. I said they coexist and are equally relevant. Quality is an art.

Looking good is definable within a specific social context whether or not you aknowledge its standards. Fat women like to say that society has created the image of a beautiful, lean, unhealthy woman. Fat isn't healthy, its just as unhealthy and it's ugly. Just because aesthetics can't be scientifically and concretely defined doesn't disprove it's existance. The ancient Greeks had a concept of beauty that is just as powerful today.

121407cj4.jpg

Idiom/Levis/T1/TNF/LVC/Vans

How you gonna have so much shit on like its freezing then you roll up your pants? the rolls look like total shit and even more so with the chukkas. i dunno dude just seems corney as fuck.. got the token ass red/black on and shit, needs to tone it down a bit, stop riding 78/Milspex dick so hard.

dscn3100po6.jpg

dscn3105lo4.jpg

and this dude right here... fuckin Niketalk Refugee and shit. You need to stop buying dunks and clean your fuckin house nigga. I see those Heiney's set you back real bad too, you got cup-o-noodles allover the spot. Why dont you sell that 1 string fender bass and get a dirt-devil you bum.

i don't really give a flying fuck about the fit one way or another, but i agree with homi, it's amusing to see how desperately defensive jmat and djradio get.

if the fit is so great in real life, and other people's opinions here don't matter, why try so hard to convince them?

guess what: no matter how stridently you shout, no one is going to change their mind

in any case, it seems like you have already decided a priori that anyone who dislikes the fit is wrong/stupid/beneath you. if you're going to just dismiss all naysayers out of hand (and there seem to be quite a lot of them), then basically you're not looking for feedback, you're just posting in order to get cock stroking from your friends.

i didn't (and don't always) "dismiss all naysayers." only the ones who didn't know what the fuck they were talking about. if certain members want to step up, play critic and hate, by all means "do your worst." i just feel that these candidates ought to be able to back their shit up and be ready to go the entire mile

i do look for feedback and validity (admit it or not), just not from those who i feel are insignicant/worthless. my difference in opinon with that of clopek has nothing to do with my relationship with djrajio/other "friends."

clopek said some stupid unecessary shit (that had been said) he couldn't support, i called him on it, his ass bled, then you decided to step to me with assumptions based on practially nothing. just another limp dick with zero knowledge. what else is new? i don't fault you though, because it seems to be your only means (of an attempt) in producing a (sterile) hard on. you talk this talk about posting to get one's cock stroked...if this metaphor was accurate i'd say you're content at getting handjobs from the 2 dollar hookers of this site.

Frankly, I do care about the opinions of this board and the general concensus of the what posters think of me, largely because I'm a contributing member and I feel I've made a significant contribution to the overall state and well being of Sufu. If I didn't care, I certainly wouldn't have devoted so much time to introducing new brands/labels/trends to other posters nor would I have developed key relationships with certain members. If that makes me a pathetic individual in your perspective, then so be it. And I think that's where you and I differ greatly. I didn't ask jmatsu, robi, or others to defend my position. They did it on their own volition because I feel they generally respect me and don't take kindly to people shouting loudly without basis. I still don't understand why you have so much negativity towards me and others on this board but if you'd like to clear things out through a pm or e-mail, by all means let me know.

honest question, to those who disliked rajio's outfit (Clopek, homi, who else?)... how much and to where have you guys traveled in the world?

honest talk, my minor gripe is that I think djrajio's individual pieces in this one and in his other casual looks have this ephemeral quality to them that kinda goes hand in hand with Japanese clothes in general. That said, it takes a lot to pull off most of what he wears, and he does it well, I don't think I've seen someone wear such a well-fitting, well thought-out outfit on superfuture in a long time. Most of you were shocked enough when you were scrolling down through the WAYWT thread to throw your opinion in here, but isn't it because 95% of superfuture is still trying to get their dry denim to fall correctly on top of their sneaker of the day for pictures? this fit had it all.

honest question, to those who disliked rajio's outfit (Clopek, homi, who else?)... how much and to where have you guys traveled in the world?

honest talk, my minor gripe is that I think djrajio's individual pieces in this one and in his other casual looks have this ephemeral quality to them that kinda goes hand in hand with Japanese clothes in general. That said, it takes a lot to pull off most of what he wears, and he does it well, I don't think I've seen someone wear such a well-fitting, well thought-out outfit on superfuture in a long time. Most of you were shocked enough when you were scrolling down through the WAYWT thread to throw your opinion in here, but isn't it because 95% of superfuture is still trying to get their dry denim to fall correctly on top of their sneaker of the day for pictures? this fit had it all.

ive travelled alot, and honestly, this outfit is pretty common in japan. if i had seen him on the streets of okinawa, i dont think id do a double-take or anything, especially if it were in a huge shopping center. but then again, after seeing how people in japan dress, i probably wouldnt do a double take for any outfit. unless it was a hot japanese schoolgirl with a really short skirt. god, how i miss them.

i do like the outfit though. the only thing that puts me off, is how the scarf acts like a loin cloth, and how the shirt is untucked. i hate rounded hems untucked. but that might just be a pet peeve of mine.

you're nothing clopek. you're just an uncultured bug.

jmatsu, for every coherant argument you make, you follow with a shit for brains statement like this.

What's with your need to throw all your vitriol with a side of overreaching personal insult.

It makes you sound dumb, and bitter, and petty.

Fashion doesn't encompass culture.

You don't define a persons level of insight.

Doing so should probably be beneath you, but time and time again you turn the internet into very serious business.

I can't wait to hear how much you don't give a fuck, and you know what? I could give half a fuck what you think, you're just some angry man with a computer somewhere in the pacific, but your bullshit detracts from any decent rapport we ever get going on here.

hahah at selegna. one string fender.

niiiiiiiice.

I definitely see two strings on it...

At least he can still play Come As You Are.

djs fit wasnt bad

it just seemed tryhard, in a way's that stills fits never do.

the individual pieces and fit were on point, but the overall look of the outfit when put together was less than the sum of the more...

that may partially have to do with the admitedly weak photo, but i know he's capable of better fits and i liked his shit in the past better

i had more of a problem with jmastu's holier than thou attitude bragging about his knowledge of progressive Japanese fashion, yet never giving any examples of labels , looks, or even upping his own fits to a more "progressive level"

honestly all i see from him are tees and white hi-tops which is cool but if you have all this knowledge, why not share it instead of hating on every "peasant" who posts here