Favourite Japanese mens label

Jack Rabbit Slim

this really isn't obvious enough to be joke. i could see some sufu members being serious by actually saying these. were you serious?
The OG Neighborhood stuff they put out before they did all the collabs, the EU.ED line is very nice, also the old W)Taps when they were still mixing things up with Nigo.

Some others, SVG, Taps, Vis, Atmos, Sophnet, iDiom, Hectic, G1950, Beams, Unrivaled, the list goes on. I of course have a love for Japanese mode labels as well. My ultimatum would be to combine street and mode together.

It's obviously a joke. I like john lawrence sullivan, education from young machines, n. holly, rotor, green man, mr. olive, nonnative, nexus 7, tenderloin, and cdg.

G1950 sucks balls. 1) It's near the red cross hospital, 15 minute walk from the ebisu trainstation. 2) Their inventory sucks. They just have some retarded looking porter collabos, gdeh, and some visvim shoes.

Beams house label is pretty much a joke.

I like Neighborhood's aesthetic but i think it only works if you are into motorcycles and enjoy leather, chrome hearts, and etc.

You clearly haven't seen the "better" streetwear in tokyo. The labels you listed are just HK-fanboy labels.

Tenderloin is fucking awesome.

Tenderloin is japan?

I'm actually curious what you consider 'better' streetwear in tokyo. lately the only streetwear i've been in to comes from either black flag (store as a whole, i like much of what they carry) or neighborhood.

I've really liked final home lately. although I went in recently though and was dissapointed by their new arrivals.

I don't know if it's sad or amazing how Fujiwara dominated this thread is. Where's MilSpex when you need someone to really take this thread to the next level?

milspex's list wouldn't really be next level.

the gothbeast labels, etc.

alfredo bannister

i really don't know if i can accpet that alfredo bannister is gothbeast. it's some artesian shit and all, some is nice/some sucks, and it's quality...i know, but some of the major clientle they cater 2 are gal-o and shit. sure fashionistas wear their shit, but years ago they were just trying to move units and the vibe that i got from their campaign was basically jap-trash/playboy shit.

i really don't know if i can accpet that alfredo bannister is gothbeast. it's some artesian shit and all, some is nice/some sucks, and it's quality...i know, but some of the major clientle they cater 2 are gal-o and shit. sure fashionistas wear their shit, but years ago they were just trying to move units and the vibe that i got from their campaign was basically jap-trash/playboy shit.

agreed. only gal-o and wanna-be gal-o highschoolers wear that shit.

i don't personally own a pair but i hear that their shoes are uncomfortable.

beauty and youth is one of the many house labels by united arrows.

the OG beauty and youth is in yurakucho (it's in a dept store) and sucks balls.

conservative japanese salaryman steez.

the united arrows on cat street (by rage blue or whatever) is pretty sick. i think there's a new B&Y opening up there as well.

i love lanvin en bleu and burberry black label (10).

Diet butcher stuff looks really good on zozo

but when i go to metal burger, im always disappointed for some reason.

Same thing applies to lad. I kinda like their stuff but when i go to their store, i just feel like i'm not cool enough to wear their shit...

i love lanvin en bleu and burberry black label.

i like lanvin en bleu, but don't know what to think about burberry black. alot of it is super nice, but for the pricepoints i'd just as well buy some other shit. the people that wear it are kinda lame, though i could see how a piece here and there could be incorporated...

Tenderloin is japan?

I'm actually curious what you consider 'better' streetwear in tokyo. lately the only streetwear i've been in to comes from either black flag (store as a whole, i like much of what they carry) or neighborhood.

I've really liked final home lately. although I went in recently though and was dissapointed by their new arrivals.

Yeah.

Made in the world in shibuya

Space in aoyama

are the only two retailers. I think MITW has a larger selection.

Space is pretty cool. They got:

cosmic wonder, tenderloin, victor and rolf, moncler, factotum, and some other shit

i like lanvin en bleu, but don't know what to think about burberry black. alot of it is super nice, but for the pricepoints i'd just as well buy some other shit. the people that wear it are kinda lame, though i could see how a piece here and there could be incorporated...

i totally forgot to add (10).

lanvin en blue is better than ブラレ

burberry black label looks like crap

in alfredo bannister's defense. I've found that the price-to-quality ratio is reasonably good. i mean, they're cheap.

cool/whatever floatd your boat. you're not jap anyway...so if you showed up in tokyo wearing some a.b.'s no one would care or call you on it anyway.

Their store is right off Omotesando-dori next to Lounge Lizard right?

Here are my current favorites:

Victim Victor Vixen

Connectors

Julius

Lad Musician

Cosmic Wonder

Education from Young Machines

GalaabenD

DBSS

i totally forgot to add (10).

burberry black label looks like crap

i dunno if i'd actually buy their shit with my own money, but i've seen some decent sneakers ans basic cuts like m1's and shit that look alright.

Victim Victor Vixen

Connectors

Julius

Cosmic Wonder

GalaabenD

DBSS

honestly i don't even recall where their shop is...

your list gets no complaints here.

obviously i still like green and whereabouts. education has always caught my eye, but i've never bought anything yet. how is it?

They really blew up in 2002-2003 when they released the pointy shoes w/ the laces that go under the sole and they expanded past their Daikanayama / Shibuya stores and other copy-cat labels started copying their designs and gal-o's started adopting the style w/ the true religion jeans/etc, from B'2nd.

Victim Victor Vixen

Connectors

Julius

Lad Musician

Cosmic Wonder

GalaabenD

DBSS

i haven't seen victim victor vixen... i need to check it out

obviously i still like green and whereabouts. education has always caught my eye, but i've never bought anything yet. how is it?

I like the style. Its somewhat of a combination of DBSS + Comme Des Garcon but not as crazy.

is this a call-out?

no...it's truth. seriously if you're wearing some trendy labels or labels that are getting respect than you'd obviously be getting compliments. if you were wearing some obviously shitty ass labels/jap hated one (i know you don't...) and are gaijin, most japs aren't gonna care and just let it slide because they'll just assume you don't know the labels. if you live there are in the industry and socialize in certain circles you might get called out, but then again you wouldn't be biggin up alfredo bannister. i am indifferent to the label, but i'd like to point out that to certain jap individual and on certain individuals it portrays a certain connotaion. whether the connotation is a fair one or deserved by them is another issue, but the imagery evoked by a.b. is as such i/herp mentioned.

loveless sells education. it's like preppy-punk cluthin.

lanvin en blue is on cat street. right by lounge lizard, closer to omotesando.

no...it's truth. seriously if you're wearing some trendy labels or labels that are getting respect than you'd obviously be getting compliments. if you were wearing some obviously shitty ass labels/jap hated one (i know you don't...) and are gaijin, most japs aren't gonna care and just let it slide because they'll just assume you don't know the labels. if you live there are in the industry and socialize in certain circles you might get called out, but then again you wouldn't be biggin up alfredo bannister. i am indifferent to the label, but i'd like to point out that to certain jap individual and on certain individuals it portrays a certain connotaion. whether the connotation is a fair one or deserved by them is another issue, but the imagery evoked by a.b. is as such i/herp mentioned.

well. i'm not really the type who would ever want to go to japan in the first place*

* unless it was free