Guest DUM

• 3 weeks later...

reqs for invite:

some idea what you're talking about

screenshot from another tracker showing stats/username/member status/etc

(demonoid does not count)

and

what you will bring to the community.

Maybe one or two other things i've forgotten.

I guess I just figure superfuture users are a little better at the internet than that. The couple times I gave invites to people I know in real life they were banned right fast too. Which shocked me since I was somehow under the false impression at that point that people understand how torrents are supposed to work.

But so what. Most people are lame and greedy and don't know how to share. If I've got invites available I'm not gonna be like that just because most people are with their downloads.

well if you invite a number of users that all get banned, you will lose invite privileges and possibly become banned. its not really a matter of sharing or not, but a matter of inviting people who are going to contribute something to the community and not just hit and run for a month, get banned and go elsewhere.

i don't know how that makes me lame or greedy. i'd like to be as sure as possible i'm not inviting shitty users to a good community by inviting the first people who ask.

• 2 weeks later...
well if you invite a number of users that all get banned, you will lose invite privileges and possibly become banned. its not really a matter of sharing or not, but a matter of inviting people who are going to contribute something to the community and not just hit and run for a month, get banned and go elsewhere.

i don't know how that makes me lame or greedy. i'd like to be as sure as possible i'm not inviting shitty users to a good community by inviting the first people who ask.

ah shit, this happened to me. any idea how long i'll lose my invite powers for? so much for being generous to sufu-ers...

I could use one too, please.

I do seed my torrents, and I contribute if I have something worthy, got a torrentleech.org account with 560 gb uploaded. Could use another invite for my friend as well, he would contribute by uploading rare noise music in flacc's, we are both ex-oinkers as well.

As for waffles, from what I've heard, not even senior members were given additional invites to give out for a while now, might not be true though, read it on a p2p forum and I don't known anyone with a account on there to confirm this.

island, am i your only worthy invitee? i invited two guys from sufu, and one of them has a positive ratio while the other doesn't do anything with the invite.

haha yeah, from sufu you're the only one worthy! my friend from college helps me out too though since he's an ex-oink/indietorrents, but other than that, everyone's poop. i just lost my invite privileges since i invited braidkid twice though and they're counting it as a dupe account.... :(

I have 4 invites ready to give out.

this is my predicament....

i have a macbook.

i use the application known as Transmission for torrenting.

my ratio used to be 3.5 and is now 0.92.

why? because i rename my albums, as soon as i rename them, they are no longer seedable.

does anyone know of another torrent app for mac that lets you rename albums before they start downloading (like utorrent does) that does not take up too much RAM?

if you can provide me the answer, and have lots of random ass music that is cool, i will invite!

Ummm…I use transmission. You should just load 'em into iTunes and rename them there. iTunes has it's own archive system so your downloads stay in the downloads folder untouched.

I am hating the fact that I have to actively search or find shit to upload to get my ratio up. I haven't downloaded anything yet…just uploading crap from freeleach.