what.cd

Guest DUM

I know there's a million OMGWHERESMYOiNK threads but this is for what.cd specifically. Other than those I invited of course, anyone else on here? Looks promising but so far everyone is uploading and barely downloading but they've credited everyone's uploads as an incentive.

So, I've still got invites. Just PM me your e-mail and if I don't hate you I'll invite.

Ok, so they closed registration again so I can't invite anyone until they reopen it. But they did this yesterday to and it didn't last long.

naturaljax and keysonawire, I got you.

Waffles is getting thrashed still, apparently. What's the theory behind this? Do they really ask to see screenshots of information off the pink?

I feel like I should upload some stuff to what.cd but it's (sort of) a lot of work and I really don't care that much, but I imagine I've probably got some stuff worth upping. People might want to put lists of stuff they're upping on plusrep, as well.

I have 5 invites left. PM me.

just out of curiousity.....what is so great about oink/waffles/what.cd etc etc? they are all torrent based download sites, right?

is there any benefit of using them rather than, say, soulseek (aside from torrent-related speed due to multiple uploaders obviously)

i've never used any of these sites, and am always able to get anything i want on soulseek.

is it the forums that are part of the main benefit - ie. music discussion?

I just like the format I guess, and the fact that all torrents were of a certain quality (atleast 192kbps). It was just an easy way to get whatever I wanted quickly.

I'm on demonoid too but I don't searching for stuff on there really.

just out of curiousity.....what is so great about oink/waffles/what.cd etc etc? they are all torrent based download sites, right?

is there any benefit of using them rather than, say, soulseek (aside from torrent-related speed due to multiple uploaders obviously)

i've never used any of these sites, and am always able to get anything i want on soulseek.

is it the forums that are part of the main benefit - ie. music discussion?

I've generally found OiNK to be faster both in terms of getting releases and downloads (and often records that soulseek doesn't), and dramatically prefer torrents to P2P in general. If OiNK has it, you can download it, where often on Soulseek the person is qued to hell and back or has it in a weird format. There were also the benefits of the torrent server having all download / upload info, etc... in that there were tools you could use to see who else was downloading what / whose uploade what / get suggestions for other bands, etc...

Ease of use, strict rules where it mattered and a fairly decent community generally.

honestly, oink was appealing because of the huge and easily searchable catalog of albums that download much faster than straight P2P and completely (none of that getting stuck w/ half an album when someone signs off) and self-checks (no corruption of incoming files). folks are hustling hard to get in line for the next oink because that'll be huge--and having an oink acct and oink invites gave you leverage or some weaksauce shit which resulted in folks paying ~20bucks for invites the week before it got busted. lmao.

demonoid is pretty decent but hit-or-miss sometimes. i think it's really worth being there (rather than using the garbage heap that's TPB--a public tracker) and they're not complete nazis about ratio. i like private mass trackers like demonoid and oink because there's a semblance of order and quality control and banning of assholes who up duds.

cheers for the info.

the one thing that shits me about torrents is the need to keep them in the directory they were downloaded into, or otherwise retarget them. im pretty pedantic with organising my folders etc in a coherent and consistent way.

cheers for the info.

the one thing that shits me about torrents is the need to keep them in the directory they were downloaded into, or otherwise retarget them. im pretty pedantic with organising my folders etc in a coherent and consistent way.

yeah, my folders went to complete shit when i switched over to torrents, but some advice i got off of ohax/ex-Oinkers is to copy the downloaded music folder and retag and organize the copied one while seeding the original and delete the orig when you hit 1.00 or whatever ratio you want.

yeah, my folders went to complete shit when i switched over to torrents, but some advice i got off of ohax/ex-Oinkers is to copy the downloaded music folder and retag and organize the copied one while seeding the original and delete the orig when you hit 1.00 or whatever ratio you want.

yeah thats basically what i do when im downloading from www.themixingbowl.org. not really a problem or too much of a hassle now, but it will be pretty soon when my 320gb is overflowing. i need to invest in a 1TB drive.

I've no problem with my folders. iTunes automatically copies your music (consolidate library) into the itunes music folder (you can set this automatically or manually). And of course it also changes the target within itunes to wherever you said your itunes folder goes. So, I'm doing fine. I just delete the original downloaded folder whenever I like my ratio.

ok, I had 4 invites and they're all accounted for (everyone that's asked me so far). I'll post whenever I get more...registration's still closed though so I can't send the invites just yet.

OK guys, they're allowing invites again for up to 9,000 users and then closing until they have the better server up, I just sent out everyone that PMed me with their e-mail(yea! I used the e-mail on your blog)

I have a handful left so PM me with your e-mail and I'll send if I can.

Everyone that just got invited, please bear with the site, it's starting to get some good stuff on there but they're having problems with the servers being overloaded but they're working on it.

I didn't get to invite drpepperte and nondskrpt, I believe there names were? Ended up needing two for close friends. Sorry about that.

Another one of my friends has one more invite that he said he'd give to one the "main sufu heads" I believe his words were, so if you've got like 1,000+ posts and still need an invite let me know and I'll hook you up.