Waffles.fm

savage

• 5 months later...

i live in a shared house, and after having a decent ratio for a while i stupidly let my housemates have my waffles pass and download whatever. as a result, my ratio has gone to total shit and i cannot download anything else. is there anything i can do, or do i have to get an invite from someone and sign up again? none of the things i downloaded (or they did, somehow) are in demand to be seeded.

edit: if i do need to re-sign, is there anyone that could please send me an invite? :)

Cheating your ratio is always an option.

no, it's not.

completely goes against the whole point of private trackers. maintaining the minimum ratio is EASY, i did so with a measly 30kb upload for 2 years - no excuse.

When you begin, you will ostensibly take a hit but there isn't any reason to panic. Cop a mixture of the most popular and clandestine torrents and make sure you're connectible. Though the biggest challenge nowadays seems to be finding an ISP that doesn't throttle P2P activity.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

it's odd, on the few occasions i've visited it seems like it's recovered from an outage of some sort--it's not even up to date anymore nevermind the lack of formats. 

waffles and what were pretty much neck and neck but the former was larger at one point which is almost laughable now. then they closed invites while what kept getting people in...

though it's changed quite quickly in recent years, i don't think people really want to put in as much of effort nowadays and are perfectly fine with spotify and the like. these places favour obscurity.