Nakata Haircut

fishtail

dude this is easy as fuck to do. just take the photo to any barber and they'll get that for you.

You'll regret it if you let a barber try this on you. The odds that it won't look right are very high and the techniques that this style requires aren't done/known by barbers. That's all I'll say to that.

Some people look ok when it starts to grow but others will need to get it done fairly regularly (every 2 weeks). I had this style when I was in college but I can't keep it anymore since the finance industry isn't exactly receptive of interesting hair. To keep it looking decent, I had to cut it every 15-20 days.

It's an expensive style to maintain. Know that going in and deal with it. An affordable Japanese salon is probably the best route since the style is/was fairly common in Japan.

Used to have it last year.

Nakata isnt even the founder of it, my vietnamese barber used to call it tokyo style wich is either general...

As you can see mine is more Mullet styled wich I like more but in that pic its way to long, I used to let my neckhairs grown but than It lookd stupid after some time..

I get it for cheap here in berlin only 6€ (9$) and hes a real pro in that...

I dont think that will help you either..

Anyway this Haircut is out now in Japan you know them guys changing their hairs like everyday ;)

Pic:

mynakatahairte2.jpg

I saw some Japanese bboy have this during.. uhh freestyle session.. 8 (2004?)? I always thought it looked pretty cool and would mess with it sometimes when i shaved my head.

I always thought it was a fade that also started in the front as well as the back and the sides and culminated (?) to the crown.. Never knew it was called the "nakata cut" and didn't believe it was so difficult..

but hey, what do i know.

Yeah, I would say go to a chinatown barber in NY downtown chinatown-there is a good one, shit I forgot the name of the place it's on a corner pretty big spot has windows tons of chairs you pick your barber from a picture at the front desk. Charge around ten dollars do a damn good job or just go to a Japanese barber they might be familar with the cut.

whoever said the hair cut is easy is spot on. $30 for a freaking short cut like that which isnt even difficult is just so stupid.

And yes, this cut is high maintainence, it might look a little wierd if your headshape is different as well. And also u wont look the same if ur hairline isnt as high as nakata's. But you will definately get something close for alot cheaper. Here in Sydney you can get hair cuts for less than $15, but $30US seems a little fucked up (for a simple cut).

and yes, bring a photo, esp that one with different angles.