Shanghai or Taipei?

jienster

I'm gonna be there for xmas... what's the top 3 牛肉麵 (niu ro mien) joints these days?

A few I like are:

將家牛肉麵 - Not sure if I have the right character for Jiang but this place is right near the 國父紀念館MRT stop, next to a Mitsubishi dealership.

永康街牛肉麵 and 老張, both off of 永康街 are good.

and i actually like the 牛肉麵 at 鼎泰豐 - but when you go, you have to get the 小龍包 - so delicious....mmm

oh, and Ice Monster (冰管), again off of 永康街 has some seriously good dessert.

basically, just eat your way through 永康街 and you can't go wrong.

damn, i miss taipei.

^^

The Thing - local designers, very affordable and cool, few stores.

if i'm not wrong, this is the store that rips/ripped off threadless and other joints and puts blood and guts everywhere on their graphic tees or stuff like tees with ties on em.

if i didn't have the foreknowledge, i'd have been almost impressed by that place because it seemed half decent as far as streetwear goes.

i just hope they're doing their own thing now or at least not directly taking the same shit and putting it out in monochrome splashed with red.

Evonzz where is ACU shop ?

The ACU store is on Changle Lu, near Eno east of Ruijin Lu.

As for The Thing, i agree they probably get their influence from elsewhere ( a lot of blood splats) , but i have noticed that their designs are getting a little more original as time goes on.

Just back from Taipei and wow... they are really getting closer and closer to Tokyo in terms of style and culture. Tons of shops from Japan (Mitsukoshi, Tokyu Hands, Muji, etc.) all over Taipei and since Mitsukoshi owns so much property, they brought over lots of Japanese restaurants (Momo Paradise...) to fill out the retail spaces.

That whole Neo19? bldg near 101 was pretty cool... besides Room18, they had a bunch of stylin lounge/bar/restaurant spaces like Barcode, inHouse and Person that we checked out.

The girls are stylin the Japanese fashion sense too... much more so than what I've seen in Shanghai...

I'm not saying Taipei is Tokyo... because nothing compares to Tokyo... but Taipei is more than a step ahead of Shanghai...

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I think you'll do fine in a big club like Luxy cuz there's a lot ton of foreigners there. Not so sure about english speaking in Room18 or Plush but you shouldn't have too many problems since you won't be saying much in clubs anyway

Man Taipei is so tight, so much good food, hot girls, stuff to do, etc. Gotta check out those beef noodle joints next time I go

• 8 months later...