bootcut vs.s straight leg?

jjs home

just for my personal clariication what exactly are the differences as you all see them

I understand fully that straightleg means very simply a straight leg the same width all the way down, but what then is the defining detail of a boot cut?

I clearly understand they are cut for booys, but does that mean they have a small flare, small taper, just what is the defining concept?

^^^^

i think the key thing to note, apart from the flare is the 'slim at the knees' characteristic..I used to rock a fair amount of bootcuts (Diesel Ravix, etc) but then as I gained some weight (good or bad, who knows), I couldn't comfortably fit into any of those jeans anymore because of how fitted they were at the thighs area...i'm straight cut all the way now...

Hope this helps....

yup..most bootcuts (someone correct me here if i'm wrong) tend to taper in from the waist to the knees and then flare out from the knees down..

That being said, I think there are some bootcuts that are full through the thigh and then flare....

Edited by triniboy27 on Aug 12, 2005 at 09:52 AM

I love boot cuts. The reason I hated my apc's was the straightleg. Boot cuts fit people who aren't fat/thick/chubby, just not skinny realllly well. I wish I could rock jeans like brian, but there is no way. I also like how they cover the tops of my shoes/sandals. I don't like anything that can be confused with a taper (aka why I dislike acne jeans).

boot-cuts must be the shittest invention in the world. ever. what a pile of wank.. i rock tight jeans [a quick run under the sewing machine by me].. unless theyre selvedge - then i cant bring myself to cut the seem off..

straight or skinny/tapered.. dont waste your time looking like a bootcut.. your not a .... pirate?