Best Fashion Schools

beacons_home

EU students fees will be £3070 a year for any public uni (99.999999%) which you can get a loan for if your an EU student.

not true, there is no general fee. germany even had no real fees until a year ago, just a small payment of about 120€ / semester, depending on the university, for administration fees and youd get a you public transport ticket as well for that. now its an additional 500€ per semester, which is the maximum the universitys are allowed to charge.

in a lot of scandinavian countries there are no fees, in france and italy the fees seem to vary between universitys, but still they are alot lower than what ive heard from friends in the us.

I firmly believe you don't absolutely need any diploma or formal lessons to succeed in this business, or any other art related field. Before you spend mad cash on tuition, think hard about it.

It's possible, but you still need the networking to get a foot in the door and going to school helps alot in this aspect. Like I know alot of carnegie mellon folks and FIT folks and they will only do referals for fellow carnegie and FIT people. And Carnegie and FIT people would be the first thing they would look for on resumes.

¿

being part of a decent fashion school you will have countless chances for intern anyway..

who are you working for?

I graduate LCF and am interning at the moment at a magazine, not saying it doesn't help, but if you're doing styling especially no point going to uni as it will not help at all. But if you are designing then you need to learn of course, but so many places take on interns and if the interest is there they will teach you the rest.

Uni is excellent experience and i had the best time, but sometimes it isn't worth it when you know you're gonna have to go and intern anyway. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• 3 months later...
I graduate LCF and am interning at the moment at a magazine, not saying it doesn't help, but if you're doing styling especially no point going to uni as it will not help at all. But if you are designing then you need to learn of course, but so many places take on interns and if the interest is there they will teach you the rest.

Uni is excellent experience and i had the best time, but sometimes it isn't worth it when you know you're gonna have to go and intern anyway. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I feel silly asking this but how do you come about internships? Maybe its the thing to do where your from but it seems as though they're few and far between in my part of the world. Any advice? I'm thinking of going to fashion school too. But even if I don't, an internship would be killer.

What did you do there?

Where did HF,Nigo and the rest of teh jp crew go? lol

I think they went to Bunka in Tokyo, or at least some of them did. Yohji Yamamoto and Rei Kawakubo went to Keio University also in Tokyo.

Hi

I'm about to apply to LCF for fashion design but I was thinking about the pattern making course as well. haven't really decided between the two.

Do you have any advice? Thanks

Sy