Legit checks megathread - post your legit checks here!

the breaks

Thought it would be a good idea to consolidate the 1000000 legit checks we get every week to one thread so here it is.

First up: Junya Watanabe CDG leather

A lot of things about this scream "fake" so i assume it is. Any other obvious signs than the location + price?

1) fake

2) somebody asked the same question a couple of weeks ago

3) somebody tried consolidating the legit checks but noone used the thread

I have a question regarding the authenticity of some Dior Homme velvet pants:

i've seen some velvet pants (some claiming it to be from F/W '05 just for reference; 5HH101991 S11) that had only the top button saying "DIOR HOMME", but the rest of the buttons look normal unmarked.

another thing was that it seems to be missing the "CD" clasp and it has oddly angled slash pockets (as opposed to the standard horizontal slash pockets). the leather tag looks fine and it has the rear pocket darts

i was under the impression that all dior denim had the "CD" clasp and that all the denim had hook and clasp fastening.

[highlight]am i missing something or are these fake?[/highlight]

07b3_12.JPG

0863_12.JPG

08fe_12.JPG

0a14_12.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

hi, this seller claims it's a pair of MIJ raws from 2003 Follow Me collection.

i've seen older pairs of jeans that have the size tag next to the wash tag, and it does have the metal CD on the belt loop, but i am not too familiar with the older jeans.

http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/c4/7b/0aca_12.JPG

http://i12.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/c4/7b/0c31_12.JPG

this following picture shows that the leather Dior tag is sewn UNDER the waistband, not over. also, it shows EU sizing. i've never seen any of the jeans like this before. if anyone who has knowledge of the older collections can help me with this, it'd be much appreciated. thanks in advance :)

0b88_12.JPG

can someone help me with this? i've bought them because i thought it was a fair price, and i am awaiting shipment.

i am sort of sure that the older collections did adopt EU sizing for jeans, but i need feedback as to whether or not the Dior tag was ever sewn under the waistband. help? :o

^ thanks for the reply lacquered; everything seems to point to it being legit, and i've purchased from this seller before

but i have never ever seen the leather tag under the waistband. to me, if it arrives and it's actually under the waistband, wouldn't that be a good indication of a fake?

on eBay, blujean** has a pair from Follow Me, and the leather tag is just as always, above the waistband. if you could take a look for me and reply again that'd be wonderful

http://cgi.ebay.ca/S-S03-DIOR-HOMME-FOLLOW-ME-BLACK-JEAN-sz-EU-46-17-CM_W0QQitemZ180179509124QQihZ008QQcategoryZ11483QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

P.S. : lacquered, someone wants your leather corsage!!! :D

nevermind this now. THIS IS A FAKE, and a bad one at that. :o

Not arguing about their legitimacy, but there are different models, so the softness of the denim isn't a definite indicator, and I don't know the full story on the selvedge Dior's, but I was under the understanding that no current models were selvedge. My legit MIJ raws also had YKK branding on the back of the rivets.

I'd be very interested to see pictures!

Not arguing about their legitimacy, but there are different models, so the softness of the denim isn't a definite indicator, and I don't know the full story on the selvedge Dior's, but I was under the understanding that no current models were selvedge. My legit MIJ raws also had YKK branding on the back of the rivets.

I'd be very interested to see pictures!

^ uploaded pictures.

well, i've talked to some sellers and all i can gather is that they've only seen YKK labelling (not YKK NEWMAX) on the golden boots from F/W '05 with YKK zippers, whereas i have the S/S '07 boot using OPTI zippers

well i wasn't sure about selvedge, but it looks sloppy anyway. plus, softness is an indicator; he claimed it raw MIJ, and if you just wear a raw denim once as he claimed, it would not be softer than jeans i've been wearing for 2 years

i feel that the only way to be 100% sure of its authenticity is to go ask at authorized distributors and high-end department stores, or if your country houses it, flagship stores. did you pick up your raw MIJs at a authorized store?

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

- bringing another pair i got from him to Holt yielded confirmation of its authenticity; so discounted-dior-homme is not necessarily selling fakes. still concerned as to why he'd pass off a fake to a returning buyer though :(

i am currently in negotiations with the seller of the above item. he said the waist was altered, calling for the leather tag to be removed and re-sewn on. he also claims to really have only worn the item for about 2 hours, despite evident creasing. he still stands by his product, and says jeans from the early collection had such loose threading

he started getting mad and insulting me, even though i took a lot of time to gather as much information as i could before talking to him so i wouldn't offend him. i apologized for offending him if i did, and said i still want a full refund if i ship the item back.

i feel he owes me that obligation, considering he did not mention in the eBay listing anything about alteration...:(

what a mess i've gotten myself into.

although ebay user [highlight]discounted-dior-homme[/highlight] seemed nice on the last purchase i made (a while ago), he was quite rude this time. he claimed that i was having "buyer's remorse", despite my efforts to find out whether or not they are real before asking for a return; i even took it to Holt Renfrew and got written documentation from the sales rep who also felt it's fake.

first, he claims they are real. he said he sold them because he tried once whether or not he likes 37" inseam (stating the rest of the pairs he owns are altered to 32"). i then ask in detail, about the leather tag placement. he said he paid a tailor to alter the waist..despite wearing it "exactly once for 1-2 hours"

i ask him about why the seemingly "raw" jeans are soft to the touch. he says, "they are of dark wash"...pretending dark wash and raw unwashed are the same thing..

i then ask him about the poor fly stitching and the extremely loose threads, and the fact that blujean** has sold a pair of Follow Me jeans with better quality and one piece waistband. he claims he has old collection jeans with him, and that they all have bad quality construction (and two-piece waistbands) in early collections....despite Hedi Slimane being heavily acclaimed for bringing back impeccable tailoring to menswear

then started to rant about how i ruined his reputation on msn groups forum. i apologized for that and said i'd remove it and leave a formal apology if he'd just take the item back. i don't see why he wouldn't, seeing as i haven't worn it and he can just re-sell it because he states it is authentic.

i paid $275 shipped for a pair of Follow Me jeans worn once; i should've known that once he accepted that offer, that it was too good to be true.

he then goes on to say that he'll will offer me $248 back, if i pay to ship the item. he says it is "more than fair in anyone's book" that i spend at least $15 shipping it back, minus the $25 he paid to ship it to me, minus listing and PayPal fees.

so....

-$275

-$15

+$248

= -$40.....i lose 40 dollars for him selling me a fake item and lying about it's unworn, brand new condition?? it was clearly worn more than 2 hours because of creasing and whiskering, and altered jeans are not brand new condition

i declined and said i'd just open up a PayPal dispute then, as his offer was unfair. he then ridicules me some more: he said because the subtotal was $10.50 listing ended early for a total of $275, i was only eligible for $10.50 and increased his offer to $260..saying that he has done more disputes and knows much more than me..

but if he has done nothing wrong and is not a liar/cheat, why would he suddenly increase his refund offer?...:confused:...i cannot do anything but assume he is just a liar..

i declined, knowing that i am eligible for total reimbursement. still wiating for PayPal's decision......if i lose, i'm going to be really pissed off. paying $275 for a pair of poor quality fakes :(

Wait, I didn't get it right. The seller who did that to you was blujean** or discounted-dior-homme?

Do you guys know any info about the eBay seller bluesmart and his products quality?

dior homme coat, supposedly made for japanese market, fake or not?

1195798384_0.jpg

1195798390_1.jpg

1195798406_3.jpg

1195798417_4.jpg

1195798430_5.jpg

the tag reads

Fabriqué en italie

Made in china

Composition

Only For Japan

this confuses me...why does it say made in china????

Says in french: Made in Italy :D

In english: made in china

They probably copy'ed without having the french translated ?

My2c

Wait, I didn't get it right. The seller who did that to you was blujean** or discounted-dior-homme?

Do you guys know any info about the eBay seller bluesmart and his products quality?

discounted-dior-homme did that to me (who i will refer to as DDH).

bluesmart has great items, and if you e-mail him, he'll usually cut you a fairly nice deal if you use GoogleCheckout and are buying multiple items.

blujean** is an alternate proof that DDH's item was fake, because blujean** sold an item recently (i think i can find the listing) that was jeans from Follow Me collection as well, and it was not bad quality at all.

but DDH claimed, quite furiously, that all items from the early collections (saying he has more items from this period) were all poor quality in terms of construction, with loose threads and poor stitching. i have e-mails of his claims if you'd like to see.

but just look at the pictures i provided again, and ask yourself; would a high-end fashion designer label pump out items of such bad quality? the loose threads are more than a few inches long, and the stitchwork is just terrible. Follow Me was the 4th season of Dior Homme, and Hedi was educated as a tailor, hired an all-star protégé of YSL's tailor, and the label (under Hedi's lead) was renowned for its impeccable tailoring

can't really tell without pics. the following does not mean he's not legit, but it does sort of make him full of shit...here's a story of my experience with this seller:

i bought from him, won a dior tee for quite cheap, paid for USPS EMS with tracking, he says item lost in mail would not even let me see tracking number. refunded me, but i am pretty sure he just did not want to let the item go for cheap. conclusion? kind of shady i guess... :(

Ironman,

A couple of things you suspect as being indicators of inauthenticity are actually legitimate quirks. I have 2003 raw MIJ's that I bought in Tokyo a few years back. My clasp has the YKK Newmax writing and they were soft straight from the store. And some of the stitching wasn't the best either. Of course your problem with the tag, I can't account for.

Ironman,

A couple of things you suspect as being indicators of inauthenticity are actually legitimate quirks. I have 2003 raw MIJ's that I bought in Tokyo a few years back. My clasp has the YKK Newmax writing and they were soft straight from the store. And some of the stitching wasn't the best either. Of course your problem with the tag, I can't account for.

hey thanks for writing. i know now from asking some more reputable sellers that the clasp has it, but does the rivets and buttons also have it on the back?

also, can you tell me if your pair has a two-piece waistband, has messy stitching at the base of the fly like i showed, and has the loose threading inside at the crotch? i just measured the loose thread seem at 13 inches long

Yep all the rivets and buttons have YKK NEWMAX inscribed. Mine have messy stitching at the base of the fly that is pretty similar to your pair. There are a few loose threads in the crotch but not 13", that's for sure. My waistband is also one solid piece of denim.

Hope that helps.

hey thanks for writing. i know now from asking some more reputable sellers that the clasp has it, but does the rivets and buttons also have it on the back?

also, can you tell me if your pair has a two-piece waistband, has messy stitching at the base of the fly like i showed, and has the loose threading inside at the crotch? i just measured the loose thread seem at 13 inches long

Yep all the rivets and buttons have YKK NEWMAX inscribed. Mine have messy stitching at the base of the fly that is pretty similar to your pair. There are a few loose threads in the crotch but not 13", that's for sure. My waistband is also one solid piece of denim.

Hope that helps.

hey, well it sort of helps. Discounted-Dior-Homme claimed all of his items have a two-piece waistband, and i received my item with 13" threading. i feel that his item is fake, and others agree; and his attitude and shady behaviour throwing in new information is just rediculous.

he increases his refund offer when i say i will calmly open a dispute, and throws in random facts. i'll return here later with a merged .pdf file of the e-mails he sent me

thanks