from L.A. to SF, drive or fly?

mike lowrey

yea plenty of good info, though I might be even more confused now :o

I'm going to have a car anyway which I can return when arriving to SF, so in that sense I have it covered. if we choose to fly I'll check for availabilities soon

you might as well fly and pay that extra lil money for the 1 hour flight relax instead of hunched over in a car for 7 hours. Dont forget to fill up the tank both ways. also once again when your in the city. fly and use that extra 6 hours you would have spent driving and eatting fast food on the way up for a nice place to eat dinner or lunch in san fransisco.

p.s. - good luck finding parking if you decide to drive.

drive from LA to SF suxx dont do it if you dont have too. inexpensive to fly and rent car, u dont have to smell cow shit near bakersfield either or put miles on your car or coat your grill with bugs. Driving on 101 takes hella long and not worth it unless ur an old geezer that appreciates nice scenery. fuck that shit, get me to my hotel room and poolside at the beverly hills hotel with a mojito STAT!

red, they got mexicans and mex food in LA too! but taquerias in SF are better.

this will be a couple of days after christmas, so I guess there is a chance of some traffic?

we wont be that far from LAX but it'll still of course take a while to return the car, get to the airport etc.. but then again it wont be as ass-numbing as driving for 6 hours. I guess flying would be a bit more pleasant and maybe save an hour or two.

not being far from LAX means not being far from burbank which means a cheap 50$ southwest flight out of Burbank to SF............

Drive.

Don't even think about flying.

I go to LA every 6 to 8 weeks and i live in San Francisco.

I swear to you if you compare the time it takes from the second you leave your house to the point of which you arrive IN San Francisco to the time it takes to leave your house and get in your car and drive, it's about the same.

The main difference being driving is cheaper unless you drive a gas guzzler, it's less stressful, and once you get to SF you've got a car and you're not paying to rent one.

I'm sure some will disagree, but it's a clear choice for me every time.

It really comes down to how much time you want to spend.

I have done both and I liked going in car because as Kiya said, no rental car fees. Also, the 101 gets pretty dead so there is rarely any traffic.. hell.. there are rarely alot of other cars on the 101. Flying is quick though. Takes roughly 1 hour.

I personally rather drive.

Drive.

I swear to you if you compare the time it takes from the second you leave your house to the point of which you arrive IN San Francisco to the time it takes to leave your house and get in your car and drive, it's about the same.

The main difference being driving is cheaper unless you drive a gas guzzler, it's less stressful, and once you get to SF you've got a car and you're not paying to rent one.

thread closed.

Drive.

i do the exact opposite trip LA to SF with a little more frequency and i share the exact opposite sentiment

fuck driving!

(i should note that before i started flying, i frequently drove the trip)