Transport from Long Island to new york?

Originatek

I'm not sure what you mean by "yellow cab" but if you mean an NYC cab, they don't go out that far (and if they did, it would be way more than 30 bucks...)

Just take the LIRR

my bad, its 40 dollars flat now, there are alot of taxi stands at the airport. I said yellow cab because it would probably be easier for him to differentiate from the car service hacks I just assumed he was flying into JFK since he said Long Island.

my bad, its 40 dollars flat now, there are alot of taxi stands at the airport. I said yellow cab because it would probably be easier for him to differentiate from the car service hacks I just assumed he was flying into JFK since he said Long Island.

nah, you can fly into MacArthur (also called Islip if I recall correctly)

I usually am forced to as I fly standby for Delta and both JFK and Laguardia book up like crazy

what's the best way to travel from JFK to manhattan?

i've always been using EWR and i'm not too familar with the transporation options

from JFK to manhattan.

for jfk to the city, taxi is the easiest, but also expensive...airtrain will put you in penn station for 12 bucks or so i think.

Air Train does not take you to Penn St. It just hooks you up with the A train (which you can take through BK all the way into Manhattan). If you're not in a rush and don't have deep pockets, this is the best option.

If you're in a rush, just suck it up and take a cab.

Air Train does not take you to Penn St. It just hooks you up with the A train (which you can take through BK all the way into Manhattan). If you're not in a rush and don't have deep pockets, this is the best option.

If you're in a rush, just suck it up and take a cab.

the air train also connects to jamaica queens, where you can take the lirr to penn station. faster than taking the a train, but a bit more expensive.