Singapore

Lucas0607

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to sound like a prick, but could you try to keep the bullshit to a minimum this time?
Personally I found it a pain in the ass to get with SG girls.

By the way, it's interesting to see how all superjetset threads eventually end up in a discussion about how get laid in that particular place.

Hahah. Getting laid =/= bullshit.

So clothing wise I should just go with dresses, short things and teeshirts? What's the chance of rain or the need for a jacket or two?

So clothing wise I should just go with dresses, short things and teeshirts? What's the chance of rain or the need for a jacket or two?

Think beachwear for a hot summer day.

What you've been wearing last week [sydney's weather] should be fine.

End of the year's monsoon season in Singapore so I'd say a jacket of some sorts would be great. Although I think it best to just stay out of the rain or get an umbrella.

Rain + Jacket + Hot weather = Humid stickiness all over.

Yech.

has been raining lots lately ?

yes, pretty much every morning.

I haven't been around too long, but I've noticed a high percentage of girls I see (both good and bad) are attached. For a country with an aging population, people sure hook up alot. Contraceptive companies must be rakin' it in.

Hahah. Getting laid =/= bullshit.

Bring a brolly but you need not carry it with you everytime you go out.

As for attire, what you said will suffice. You need not even bring a jacket unless you are susceptible to colds. Although it will be good if you can dress as little as you can if you are a hot chick. :D

Agreed.

And from experience, in order of preference for most SG women, it goes something like...

1) White

2) Foreign Asian

3) Local Asian.

Perhaps someone would like to shed more light on this.

Please allow me to shed light on this issue.

1. Singapore historically is a colonial city. In the past, the caucasians were kings. Those assigned to Singapore lived like kings. Even after independence, they lived on fat expatriate packages. Many Singaporeans, especially the older ones, still hold the caucasians up on a pedestal, where the caucasians are always smarter, wiser, wittier, more good looking etc etc.

Dont get me wrong. I am not saying the parents told their daughters to spread their legs to every caucasian they see. On the contrary, some parents I know tell their kids dont marry a caucasian. So why is there a pro-caucasian preference among Singaporean women? Which brings me to point 2.

2. Over the years, deference to caucasians and to authority created a culture where foreign is better. Lets be honest, in Singapore, where you are given a choice between local and foreign goods, most will choose foreign. Even Japanese is better than local. Not South East Asians and China though.

In Hollywood movies, the heroes are always caucasians and adverts are full of models with caucasian or caucasian looking models unless you are talking about local starlets.

Wait. I am not saying women treat caucasian men like goods but whenever I see caucasian men in a social or business situation, many Singaporean men and women will defer to them as if the words from their mouths are like bits of wisdom.

3. Is there any proof to what I say? Well there is. British men is one of the highest group of foreign husbands to local women after Malaysian men. Given the number of countries in the world, this is an unusual statistic.

4. But wait wait. Singaporean women are sophisticated and they love caucasian men for who they are not their skin colour and superficial things.

Oh really? Ask a local woman who dates caucasians why they do it?

The answer I get is: caucasian men are funnier, wittier, more caring, Singaporean men are wimps, cannot express themselves, mother's boys etc etc.

Is that the case? A definitive no!

The fact is caucasian men is held to a different standard. The same words and actions from a caucasian is held as funnier and daring but from a Singaporean, he is a creep.

5. But why do I care? Why do I care who a local woman wants to spread her legs for?

I dont. But the fact that a local woman want to live her life due to a stupid conception and fallacy is just plain ridiculous to me. Just like someone who invest a ton of money on something that makes no sense like magic beads and crystals is stupid, similarly is someone who decides to marry a caucasian man over a half baked notion is stupid as well.

2. Over the years, deference to caucasians and to authority created a culture where foreign is better. Lets be honest, in Singapore, where you are given a choice between local and foreign goods, most will choose foreign. Even Japanese is better than local. Not South East Asians and China though.

not that i'm being anti-local or anything, but with regards to fashion-related matters, how many local labels are really worth dropping the cash on?

So all SG girls= SPGs (Sarong party girl).....interesting

definitely not all...

not that i'm being anti-local or anything, but with regards to fashion-related matters, how many local labels are really worth dropping the cash on?

definitely not all...

Try Woods and Woods. Nice cuts and design but not exactly cheap.

Most local labels are targetted at mid to lower range anyway like Samuel and Kevin, Aldo, Crocodile

So all SG girls= SPGs (Sarong party girl).....interesting

The definition of SPGs have changed drastically over the years anyway. No longer are the women tanned till bronzed and drop their skirts for every caucasian they see. Hmm. Wait.

Actually many Singapore women are very well educated and earn alot of money and they dont blindly fancy caucasians over locals anymore. Hmm. Wait.

Actually its because many or most Singaporean men are sub-par and do not meet the expectations and standards of Singaporean women who are so much better informed than their male counterparts. Hmm. Wait.

Actually its because Singapore men are sick of Singapore women and would rather go for foreign brides anytime. Hmm. Wait.

The definition of SPGs have changed drastically over the years anyway. No longer are the women tanned till bronzed and drop their skirts for every caucasian they see. Hmm. Wait.

Actually many Singapore women are very well educated and earn alot of money and they dont blindly fancy caucasians over locals anymore. Hmm. Wait.

Actually its because many or most Singaporean men are sub-par and do not meet the expectations and standards of Singaporean women who are so much better informed than their male counterparts. Hmm. Wait.

Actually its because Singapore men are sick of Singapore women and would rather go for foreign brides anytime. Hmm. Wait.

From what I remember, Singaporean women have a typical Princess-complex. The worst part is that the men know about it, and yet almost seem to encourage it. It's like placing them on a pedestal.

Oh well.

At least I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Please allow me to shed light on this issue.

1. Singapore historically is a colonial city. In the past, the caucasians were kings. Those assigned to Singapore lived like kings. Even after independence, they lived on fat expatriate packages. Many Singaporeans, especially the older ones, still hold the caucasians up on a pedestal, where the caucasians are always smarter, wiser, wittier, more good looking etc etc.

Dont get me wrong. I am not saying the parents told their daughters to spread their legs to every caucasian they see. On the contrary, some parents I know tell their kids dont marry a caucasian. So why is there a pro-caucasian preference among Singaporean women? Which brings me to point 2.

In Hollywood movies, the heroes are always caucasians and adverts are full of models with caucasian or caucasian looking models unless you are talking about local starlets.

Wait. I am not saying women treat caucasian men like goods but whenever I see caucasian men in a social or business situation, many Singaporean men and women will defer to them as if the words from their mouths are like bits of wisdom.

3. Is there any proof to what I say? Well there is. British men is one of the highest group of foreign husbands to local women after Malaysian men. Given the number of countries in the world, this is an unusual statistic.

4. But wait wait. Singaporean women are sophisticated and they love caucasian men for who they are not their skin colour and superficial things.

Oh really? Ask a local woman who dates caucasians why they do it?

The answer I get is: caucasian men are funnier, wittier, more caring, Singaporean men are wimps, cannot express themselves, mother's boys etc etc.

Is that the case? A definitive no!

The fact is caucasian men is held to a different standard. The same words and actions from a caucasian is held as funnier and daring but from a Singaporean, he is a creep.

5. But why do I care? Why do I care who a local woman wants to spread her legs for?

I dont. But the fact that a local woman want to live her life due to a stupid conception and fallacy is just plain ridiculous to me. Just like someone who invest a ton of money on something that makes no sense like magic beads and crystals is stupid, similarly is someone who decides to marry a caucasian man over a half baked notion is stupid as well.

whilst i'm sure there might be some cases that operate based on your above explanation, it is a gross generalisation.

i'm not even sure this "pro-caucasian preference" exists in the majority of the local female population. if this were the case, there wouldn't be need for the term "SPG" (discrimination is usually against the minority), nor for the term to be derogatory in usage. that in itself is indicative that a singaporean girl dating a white man is contrary to normative local social expectations. but yes, the definition of "SPG"s is changing, or rather, I think the term is less commonly used.