Singapore

Lucas0607

Don't most retail jobs pay around that much?

As a uni student. Not a graduate, not quite yet.

Singapore paycheques are really quite terrible.

I remember in NS, I only got paid 700. You think that for the amount of bullshit I did, I should be getting a bit more than that. Interestingly, the regulars got paid the same amount. And they did less.

SIF.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NS is not real work, just a big bureaucratic machine justifying a huge defence budget. And I doubt the regulars get paid that little, + most of them probably got a big bonus when they signed on.

Anyway, I had an australian collegue when I was working who managed to rent a floor of a shophouse in little india for less than a thousand. Pretty interesting area if you are into urban grime, but my point is that if you look hard enough, you can get a decent place without paying exorbitant prices.

As for jobs, depending on ur area of specialization, you can get jobs that pay well above the standard rates.

meet-ups are definitely in order! Let's have some anti-fun!!!!

In all seriousness, even though I totally hated NS, I personally view it as a thing which all Singaporean males should definitely go through. Judging from the people I knew in BMT and being friends with them till we all ORD-ed, it was definitely better for them. Turned them into the little kids that we were into bigger boys. I wouldn't say 'men', but it certainly helps.

Why anti-fun? Everything should be fun. If anything, anti-fun would be, ironically, fun. Thereby defeating the purpose. But whichever! I'm all for having fun.

And Renny, even if anal sex wasn't legal before... it's not like no one practiced it ;)

Serious, thought that the rental and property prices are now off the roof...doubt i'll ever have enough cash to get my own property in singapore. Either way just do not stay to close to the city as the rental there will definitely be crazy high...not to mention the city is expanding out... I would say try the the upper thomson---balestier---novena area

He can always try Geylang. Its even cheaper and nearer to the City than Novena.

They have 24 hours food available, a vibrant night life at the door step and other sorts of 'entertainment' available. What more can a guy ask for?

He can always try Geylang. Its even cheaper and nearer to the City than Novena.

They have 24 hours food available, a vibrant night life at the door step and other sorts of 'entertainment' available. What more can a guy ask for?

'entertainment' aside...the food really is good...and its a she unless u're referring to me

'entertainment' aside...the food really is good...and its a she unless u're referring to me

I havent really been there for sometime, for food and otherwise.

But there is a coffee shop which is a must try. Its a dirty dingy coffee shop that sells crab beehoon, frog legs with chicken essence. They even have red wine and you can pay by credit card because the stuff there aint' usual coffee shop fare and aint cheap.

The experience is surreal because after you are engrossed with the food, you can use the authentic filthy toilet to relieve oneself after dining on filthy coffee shop furniture.

Its featured in some magazine or show.

I hate to sound like a prick, but could you try to keep the bullshit to a minimum this time? It seems every single thread about Singapore travel/shopping/eating/jeans turns out a Singaporean chatroom. It's becoming kind of a drag. Thanks!

Personally I found it a pain in the ass to get with SG girls. It's not that they're less promiscuous than elsewhere, but in a club like Zouk they're ususally surrounded by a number of brothers/cousins/male friends that shield them from everything. It seems Chinese males in SG can't stand the idea of a SG female dating anyone outside of their race. This is just my impression though.

I guess it's time for a rematch.. hide you sisters!

By the way, it's interesting to see how all superjetset threads eventually end up in a discussion about how get laid in that particular place.

Personally I found it a pain in the ass to get with SG girls. It's not that they're less promiscuous than elsewhere, but in a club like Zouk they're ususally surrounded by a number of brothers/cousins/male friends that shield them from everything. It seems Chinese males in SG can't stand the idea of a SG female dating anyone outside of their race. This is just my impression though.

By the way, it's interesting to see how all superjetset threads eventually end up in a discussion about how get laid in that particular place.

Agreed.

And from experience, in order of preference for most SG women, it goes something like...

1) White

2) Foreign Asian

3) Local Asian.

Perhaps someone would like to shed more light on this.