Singapore

Lucas0607

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a scholar of Singaporean history I assure you they're anti-fun on that island and you may be arrested for looking the way at a policeman.

Anyway...back to topic.

I would suggest you visit the Zoo. As touristy as that sounds, the Singapore zoo is really worth the trip there. one of the top zoo-s in the world.

as for shopping:

Check out Haji lane and Ann Siang Hill for Sufu approved brands and of course Orchard Road.You can probably find something for every budget in Orchard Road. in Orchard, you can also check out the infamous Orchard Towers

for Clubs, Check out Zouk and Ministry of Sound for Good Electronic Dance Music. for "Indie" Rock and more alternative sounds, check out http://www.homeclub.com.sg/.

the best food in Singapore is in the food centre located in the suburbs. those might be a little out of the way. try the food court at wisma atria for a sample of local cuisine.

Cheers

don forget ann siang hill for raf simons and apc stuffs...

or.. I see that there are s'poreans here... get them to help you around...

don bother going to the boutiques.. like dior and so on...

they got nothing catered to men apparel, unless u are looking for marc jacobs, and if you got a lot of $$ to spare.. CLUB 21!!!..

y don you post your plans so we can help...?

Ehhh.

Going to singapore for work for a month or two in my summer break. pretty sure I'll be working somewhere south east, but I don't want to travel too far to do stuff. Where should I be looking for accomodation?

Rentals are getting very high with the burgeoning property market. Hope your company gave you housing allowance.

I'll probably find share accomodation. Did a quick search and the prices are less than/similar to Sydney, I should be okay in that department.

Serious, thought that the rental and property prices are now off the roof...doubt i'll ever have enough cash to get my own property in singapore. Either way just do not stay to close to the city as the rental there will definitely be crazy high...not to mention the city is expanding out... I would say try the the upper thomson---balestier---novena area

Y ya workin there over the summer break..pay there is pretty crap compared to sydney...i'll also be looking for a job...but tts cos i've got no choice being a singaporean

Likewise. I'm going to Singapore over the summer break to work for awhile.

But I can't find a job :(.

Need to finance a Shanghai trip.

Singapore rental prices might be through the roof but so are Sydneys, heh. We just went through a huge property boom and now no one in our generation can afford to buy anything with a bathroom.

Styleofmind, share accomodation? :P I'll also be spending the rest of my christmas break somewhere in Asia.

for me it's either Singapore or China. Considering my weak grasp on mandarin, and hating China, I have chosen Singapore.

Haha I've already got a house in Singapore.

But Sydney/Singapore sufu meetups are in order!

I don't know what kind of summer job you can get where you'll be able to afford rental in a sharehouse, especially in Singapore.

Unless you're a graduate. But if you're a uni student like me, most of the jobs that are available to chumps like us pay in order of 1200SGD~. And the rental at my place is already a few grand. And it's not that flash neither.

Yeah working won't cover it, but I get the rent from my place here in Syd which should do it easy. Worst case scenario I have some friend's places to crash at for a few days.

I have a feeling I'd get totally lost trying to get to a sufu meetup haha. we'll see.

Haha I've already got a house in Singapore.

But Sydney/Singapore sufu meetups are in order!

I don't know what kind of summer job you can get where you'll be able to afford rental in a sharehouse, especially in Singapore.

Unless you're a graduate. But if you're a uni student like me, most of the jobs that are available to chumps like us pay in order of 1200SGD~. And the rental at my place is already a few grand. And it's not that flash neither.

1200 per month...what kinda of work do u get as a uni student?