5 Hours in New York

saw.unit

So I'm visiting Columbia University this weekend on their dollar and I got 5 hours by myself in the city.

what are the essential shops to stop by:

So far all I got is Kid Robot and hopefully some fabric stores but I'm looking for places that have like Julian Reds or Cheap monday kind of things.

I would recommend places like Blue in Green and Wesc, but it depends on what kind of clothes you want to buy/see.

As for on campus stuff, I don't know what you'll be doing but try to walk around inside Butler a little. It's crazy. Also, Low library is very nice. Those two buildings are what really make it feel like a 200+ year old institute to me.

I would recommend places like Blue in Green and Wesc, but it depends on what kind of clothes you want to buy/see.

As for on campus stuff, I don't know what you'll be doing but try to walk around inside Butler a little. It's crazy. Also, Low library is very nice. Those two buildings are what really make it feel like a 200+ year old institute to me.

WESC sucks. It's a great store if you're a poser.

Blue in Green on the other hand is a really nice denim store if you like Japanese repro-inspired denims.

www.superfuture.com has a good map and shop list. Columbia is uptown. There's a lot of shops there but they're mostly hip-hop and streetwear oriented (atmos, Jimmy Jazz, Dr. Jays). In fact, superfuture's maps on the website don't even cover Harlem. Perhaps the e-book does but I didn't feel the need to purchase it. Upper east has a lot of nice high end shops. The Dior boutique and Barneys are in that area (around 60th).

I think you can go this on your own.

By the way, please don't buy into Kid Robot.

Don't go to Kid Robot man, waste of time.

Check out .. Opening Ceremony, Nom De Guerre, Blue in Greene, Kim's Video (St. Mark's), Seven.

I don't know about Nom De Guerre, but at least it's in the general vicinity of those other shops. Opening Ceremony is very nice because it has many different brands from around the world. You will probably find something nice. I'm pretty sure they carry Julian Red since they have a lot of other Swedish brands.

Just wondering, what exactly do you dislike about wesc so much? I like their logo and the way their clothes fit me. Poser because of how a couple ads I've seen try to pass them off as a skate brand?

I forgot to say this before, but have a good weekend saw.unit.

hey thanks everyone for the replies. I just got done playing a show and am about to jump on the plane. I'm into kid robot more for toys, not too much of a fan of their hoods (except for their gray rainbow) but I'll definitely hit up opening ceremony and some of those other places. I guess I'm more into the swedish brands mixed with punk rock/hard core style. but I do it fashionably, and not with like cheap girls jeans and band shirts. so even any like rave or whatever stores would be fun to check out.

By the way, please don't buy into Kid Robot.

We have a Kid Robot in Los Angeles and I was walking from my car to meet my friend at Fred Segals and stopped in and caught a conversation between an employee and what appeared to be the only female "hype" toy collector (by all appearances was most likely a transvestite and a prostitute, no hyperbole) basically dissing their customers for not being down enough with the designer toy scene.

I was tempted to urinate on the front of the store, but they're pretty much just right out there so that really would not have worked out.

• 2 weeks later...