denmark :: copenhagen :: general

andreas

Glad to hear things don't change too quickly...I think ;)

catcatcatcatcat: Sorry, not familiar with it. Checked their myspace + website though. If you are down for nu rave, I'd give it a go - especially since you can get on the guest list by entering your details on their site. Let us know wherever you end up going.

As Keysonawire mentions Kulørbar have like 65 dkk entrance and then you get free bar until around midnight, so it's a nice place to start out.

About the myspace profile you found; It's not a club, but an event held at different clubs. I've never been to it but I've heard that it's normally a very young crowd and very rave-ish.

But ye, let us know where you end up.

We went to Nikolaj Plads 25 but the door to the club was locked so we went to a nearby coctailbar and then ended up on Nadsat. Good music and lot's of nice people.

After that we went to some gay bar that was like 10 minutes walk from Nadsat, can't remember the name of the place but they were open until like 5-6 am or something. Great place anyway, small dancefloor cosy interior and a sweet older lady as a bartender. We met some guy that claimed to be from the easter islands and eventually ended up drinking moet at his place, haha :)

Anyway, if anyone knows of which place I'm talking about then please let me know because i really wanna go there again.

^ Nasa is really one of the high-end clubs in copenhagen.. But its really crazy..

Otherwise, Luux, Envy, Emma and Rust as mentioned before are all nice places, but in copenhagen theres something for everyone..

Nogen af os er lidt semi-garvede SUFU'ere ;-)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

no. luux, emma, envy and nasa are allo closed I think. shit clubs anyway.

woodwood moved from krystalgade to grønnegade. much bigger store now. do check out storm as well which is nearby (store regnegade). the new acne shop is neat as well. then there's nag, norse and pede&stoffer. maybe rezet store if you're a hypebeast...

but really take the trip to malmö and visit tres bien.

hipsters may be found at kødbyen, but its mostly older hipsters (late 20'es or thirtysomethings)

^ thanks, man. think i covered all them bases yesterday and today. storm was cool. i was kind of expecting more shops like it, tbh. oh well.

kødbyen for dinner tonight. feel free to drop me a line (anyone) if you wanna party.

edit: and any barber suggestions? stumbled across 'barb' on vognmagergade which looked pretty neat but fucked if i'm paying 500k for a trim.

Edited by home

barb is my regular place. janus is a one of the friendliest people you'll ever meet. but yeah they charge 500 dk for a haircut and 250 dk for a shave if I remember correctly.

shopping in copenhagen was better in the pre-crisis years with il in particular being a very good shop to visit. but it went bankrupt, so theres that. paristexas was good too.

maybe try Birger Christensen on strøget? They have tons of international brands like Lanvin, Prada etc. if that's your thing... you could also try US Import on vesterbro (a shop run by Soulland), Goods on Classensgade (Østerbro) and some of the shops around Elmegade (Nørrebro)

• 1 year later...

relevant to what?

shopping: storm, woodwood, norse, acne, NAGstore

dining: noma, relæ, geranium, mielke&hurtigkarl, AOC, Marchal, amass

sights: Christiania, Tivoli, Ny Carlsberg Glypotek, Hirschsprungske Samling, Jægersborggade, Kastellet, channel tour, Frederiksstaden (incl royal palace), Distortion/whatever is happening this week

relevant to what?

shopping: storm, woodwood, norse, acne, NAGstore

dining: noma, relæ, geranium, mielke&hurtigkarl, AOC, Marchal, amass

sights: Christiania, Tivoli, Ny Carlsberg Glypotek, Hirschsprungske Samling, Jægersborggade, Kastellet, channel tour, Frederiksstaden (incl royal palace), Distortion/whatever is happening this week

as in the spots recommended in here are still around or not........

thanks for the update

ill be staying around the black diamond

I used that place for studying. The restaurant there (Søren K) is also supposed to be really good, but I've never tried it myself.

Another thing worth doing is just walking around town and you might stumble upon something you like. The city is really safe and there's no places that should be avoided per se.

When will you be here?

ill be there friday night

I used that place for studying. The restaurant there (Søren K) is also supposed to be really good, but I've never tried it myself.

Another thing worth doing is just walking around town and you might stumble upon something you like. The city is really safe and there's no places that should be avoided per se.

When will you be here?

ill be there friday night