Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

my crotch was coming apart and the rear pockets were starting to thin out. so i had the denim doctors at HTC resew and reinforce the crotch and the pockets. better to take care of things early than late. and like before, they've done another great job for me. thanks marvin! :cool:

I took my jeans to them to have repairs done a few weeks ago. It's really nice to see what they'll look like when I get them back since I had them repair the crotch as well.

okay, so some repair updates.

IMG_2179.jpg

inside the pocket

my crotch was coming apart and the rear pockets were starting to thin out. so i had the denim doctors at HTC resew and reinforce the crotch and the pockets. better to take care of things early than late. and like before, they've done another great job for me. thanks marvin! :cool:

Do you know how this is stitched? I was wondering if the pocket needs to be removed and then reattached after to get machine access?

I ask because I have a similar issue with the a back pocket which is getting ever worse and wondering the best way to fix.

no, that would be a gigantic hassle. I would think that they just put the pocket over the top of the machine and stitched like that, but even that method is really difficult. Also, the purple threads extend beyond the stitching at the bottom of the pocket which makes me think that they couldnt have done it that way. a great mystery indeed..

no, that would be a gigantic hassle. I would think that they just put the pocket over the top of the machine and stitched like that, but even that method is really difficult. Also, the purple threads extend beyond the stitching at the bottom of the pocket which makes me think that they couldnt have done it that way. a great mystery indeed..

How can you be so definite if you don't know how it is done? I had seen the threads extending right to the outer edge of the pockets. I now notice that the orange thread seems to run over the repair threads so it looks like the pocket has been taken off, probably from the bottom to leave the rivets fixed, repaired and stitched on again.

Chicken can you confirm? Or anyone else who has done/had this done?

How can you be so definite if you don't know how it is done? I had seen the threads extending right to the outer edge of the pockets. I now notice that the orange thread seems to run over the repair threads so it looks like the pocket has been taken off, probably from the bottom to leave the rivets fixed, repaired and stitched on again.

holy cow. you know what? you might be correct after all.

with a very close inspection (i couldn't take my jeans off at work) it looks like the pockets were, in fact, taken off once and sewn back on. check it:

before

IMG_2107.jpg

after

IMG_2181.jpg

it might be a little difficult to tell from these photos, but the stitchings on the left, right and bottom of the pockets are slightly different from how they were before. plus, like knoll said, there are sections of the yellow stitchings going over the purple stitchings.

however, the bartacks are still intact. so i suspect they peeled both pockets with them still attached to the rest of the jeans by bartacks and sewed the reinforcements on. because the job was so well done, i had to look very closely to see some differences/imperfections.

i'm even more impressed by the denim doctors at HTC. and +rep to knoll.

The pockets were indeed taken off. I watched a tailor repair my pockets and they do remove most of the back pockets, but they did leave the top part because my jeans were levis and they had rivets. It's not a big hassle either because when you're using a seam ripper to cut the threads from a pocket, it takes like 3 minutes. & to sew the pockets back on is very easy because there's an outline where the thread stitching was.

i dropped my my jeans off at big for a small rip last saturday, and paid for return shipping. they havent showed up yet, and i am going to china for 3 months starting tomorrow! even though its gonna be hot as a furnace, i was planning to wear these nearly 100% of the time im not working.

looks good so far. what's the size on those?

Thanks. They're 28s (I sized down a bunch... no way I could fit into 28s in anything else).

Forgot I had this pic, but I thought I'd toss it up. Made my first trip to BiG a little over a month ago and met Gordon. Nice guy and very knowledgable when it comes to denim. I was almost embarassed to go in wearing my (at the time) 74 day old 660s. Gordon's had about six months on em and looked crazy as hell!

2530490658_88baf0f869_o.jpg

Forgot I had this pic' date=' but I thought I'd toss it up. Made my first trip to BiG a little over a month ago and met Gordon. Nice guy and very knowledgable when it comes to denim. I was almost embarassed to go in wearing my (at the time) 74 day old 660s. Gordon's had about six months on em and looked crazy as hell![/quote']

that's funny if gordon wins the competition.

on second thought, it's not.

I thought it was BIG and warehouse.