Question about Levi's 501...

Quote: yeah you can get rigid/raw/unwashed 505's and 517's cheap too. Only prob with 505's, in my opinion, is the tapered cut, but if yr into that, you're golden...

...and btw rigid 505's and 517's are sanforized, so you don't have to worry about a lot of shrinkage...

So you're saying that these 517's (Rigid Indigo) are un-washed, and will wear similar to Shrink-to-fits?

l_SIB005170_4c727.jpg

NyM...

yeah i know what you mean......the denim on the shrink to fit 501's seem to have more of a shine/lustre due to being shrink to fit? Maybe the difference is due to being un-sanforizing? I'm not totally sure.

I wish they sold the shrink to fits in department stores in Canada. I've only seen them so far in the Levi's stores for $75 CND and in sizes to big for me. The ppl that worked there all said that the 31 waist was the smallest they were manufactured! Except when u look online on Japanese site you see they sell them down to a 28 waist in all kinds of lengths. Any one no of any good spots to get them in Canada?

rigid 517s or better yet 646s would be great to rock.

Quote: the denim on the shrink to fit 501's seem to have more of a shine/lustre due to being shrink to fit? Maybe the difference is due to being un-sanforizing?

maybe you've not actually seen the rigid 517's? they come in both rinsed and rigid denim. it seems like the 517 rigid denim that i've seen has a similar lustre and stiffness to that of the 501's. sanforized rigid denim (i.e. apc's) should have the same sort of lustre and stiffness as shrink-to-fit denim...

btw when they changed the 501 design a year or so ago, they went from double-stitched inseams to single stitched, which is supposedly more like vintage 501's?

Edited by rhythmandsound on Aug 8, 2005 at 03:41 PM