china :: shanghai :: general

aan den rijn

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to go to Flask yesterday (mostly for the novelty), turns out it closed 2 weeks ago. Ended up at Candor, pretty cool and excellent cocktails (but I am by no means an expert). But I wasn't feeling the crowd that much TBH. We were there relatively early though (bounced at 11:30) and from what I understood it doesn't get poppin' until late at night. 

Edited by Warakia

Nice -- glad you at least liked the drinks. I've got no clue as to the crowd -- I was there only the first few nights which is always like the f&f and degen cocktail drinking crowd. What was the scene? ABCs with older dudes?

What spots are you feeling these days? I'm probably not back through till fall but always curious to hear what's good these days.

Uhh I only recently got back so mostly going wherever people are going. More of a beer drinker myself so went to some of the usual craft beer places, Boxing Cat, Liquid Laundry, Dr. Beer etc. Definitely need to get into the scene a bit more to find some good spots tho.

Yeah the place was like 50% fuerdai who were just ordering shit to taste it and then dump it and 50% expats with that overly finance expat bro vibe going on. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fuck visiting Chinese zoo's, it's not a good experience. Just do some of the regular tourist stuff, visit the bund, maybe go up one of the towers in Pudong (Financial center, Shanghai tower), visit people's square, tianzifang etc. 

Anyway hit me up next time you're in Fycus, always down for drinks.