china :: shanghai :: general

aan den rijn

I'm going to be moving to hangzhou(for a year) in a couple of weeks, is there a train/bus ride to Shanghai? How long will it take and how much will it cost?

Pretty excited/nervous for the move, have been living in New York/ New Jersey for the most of my life. I heard some great things bout Hangzhou though..

I'm going to be moving to hangzhou(for a year) in a couple of weeks, is there a train/bus ride to Shanghai? How long will it take and how much will it cost?

Pretty excited/nervous for the move, have been living in New York/ New Jersey for the most of my life. I heard some great things bout Hangzhou though..

Visiting Shanghai April 29-May 3. Gnna check out the world expo, buy ninja gear, visit bars and drink alot. I'm part chinese but don't know any mandarin. Anyone wanna show me around for a day or 2? ill pay for ur expo ticket and buy u food and drinks .

• 2 weeks later...

You're not really 'stuck', unless you speak no Chinese.

I came here 3 years ago, and hated Shanghai so fucking much. Pollution was rampant, there were only 4 subway lines, if you go out at 2AM you would find 40 year old moms whoring out their babies to beg you for money by sticking to your legs, and that's just the start of it.

Now that I've been here for 5 days, I realized that Shanghai has somehow gone through a societal transformation in 3 years. It's not dramatic, but there is certainly a great improvement in the way that people live. People have more money now, comparing three years ago and now, and it's very obvious.

Shanghai actually has a lot to offer now, and I'd consider moving here. If you asked me to move to Shanghai 15 days ago, I would've said fuck you. Now, I have hope for this city.

You're not stuck.

Nightlife: the best clubs in the city are around Fuxing Park, one called Babyface and another called Park 97.

There are 2 clubs on the fifth floor of a building in Xintiandi.

Don't go to the bars in front of the Hilton. Made that mistake last night and regretted it.

After nine months of living and working in SH, I'll rate Park 97 over Babyface for douche bag crowd...I just simply hate that place.

If someone is looking for more hip/indie clubs, Shelter has the best events. Hipsters should definitely go to Dada, Logo or Not Me.

Just my observation. No offense.

Tong Ren Road? Ahhh forget about it.

Nightlife: the best clubs in the city are around Fuxing Park, one called Babyface and another called Park 97.

There are 2 clubs on the fifth floor of a building in Xintiandi.

Don't go to the bars in front of the Hilton. Made that mistake last night and regretted it.

mmm thanks for the tips soulpo and feather.

@fallen, yeah, I can see how it's draining here. You're on constant alert not to get run over or hustled, and it's hard to get sleep here because you're always up early cus of the honking and shit that starts at 7:30AM.

Guest umhaha84

friend of mine got robbed in sanghai almost lost his life...

dragged unconsiously until some lady screamed for help and the guy decided to leave him and run.

will never go to china period.

Guest umhaha84
That sucks... what did he do to make that guy want to rob him?

I've heard a few kidnapping+ransom stories in SH.

wait, didn't that happen to somebody on sufu a while back? hedior or something.

he told me he was waiting for a cab in front of hotel he was staying ( not cheap rundown motels btw)

next thing he wakes up in an emergency rom, his face all wrapped up, they had to fly him back to seoul like that cuz they had no surgical skills.

apparently it didn't hurt cuz all his nerves are dead,,,,

I arrived in Shanghai a few days ago! I am living in a place called Ladoll, pretty close to the Bentley store. I am thinking about checking out dada, logo, the shelter, and not me.

The toxic avenger and le castle vania played at not me! that is pretty cool.

I'm going to be here for a month. Any tips on keeping myself busy?

Hong Kou is a university district. Do not expect anything exciting except student and local community.

Hello yall. My first sufu post!

anyways now that that is over with...

I am planning on attending Shanghai International Studies University this September. Was wondering whats up in the Hong Kou district?