china :: shanghai :: general

aan den rijn

Which diner serves the best cheeseburger in Shanghai? this is very important, because I am sure I will want some comfort food after spending a few weeks in mainland's countryside. and don't say Malone's.

i'll be there sometime during the second half of July, anyone gonna be around?

There is this Irish bar which has so called 'the best beef burger in Shanghai'. It's on Dongping lu but i can't remember it's name.

• 2 weeks later...
Which diner serves the best cheeseburger in Shanghai? this is very important, because I am sure I will want some comfort food after spending a few weeks in mainland's countryside. and don't say Malone's.

i'll be there sometime during the second half of July, anyone gonna be around?

Anyone??

eh i'll just go to Blue Frog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blue Frog makes a great burger. I ate one for dinner the day I arrived (blue frog burger with bacon and cheddar) at the Xujiahui location, and another one for brunch the next morning as well (bf burger with fried egg and cheddar) at the Maoming Rd location. Both were excellent, but then again I was fiending some comfort food big time after spending two weeks in the country eating nothing but 羊肉, 土豆, and 白酒 everyday. I heard Boxing Cat Brewery makes a mean burger too, but theyre not open for lunch.

blue frog burger w/ cheddar + egg

3772559657_0c1a1f9c2a.jpg

I came across an interesting store on Ruijin L., in between Huaihai L. and Julu L., in that graffiti covered alley ("shanghai state of mind" piece). It's called iA Art Gallery or something, and they carry a bunch of worn-in vintage levi's, flannels/workshirts by Levi/Lee/Wrangler, and flight jackets. They had quite a bit of sufu-approved Japanese repro brand jeans, all 2nd-hand and worn in. There's also like 10 various pet reptiles around the store. Spoke with one of the co-owners for a while, i told him about superdenim and he told me about www.33oz.com (edmond probably goes on that forum too). Seem like nice folks, hope they can stick around

dude holdin a pair of his worn in LVC's , sick fades bro

3772567323_cdf3e20b1d_o.jpg

mang, talk about getting sick of 土豆, i see a big ass plate of fries there, ha.

Though there's a grip left, so I guess you aren't lying. ;)

the knee fades are fuckin LOW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I am an Asian American in Shanghai... will be here until Sept. 18. Does anyone want to trade tour guide services? You show me Shanghai and I can show you Los Angeles or San Francisco? Just want to learn the ins and outs of this city. Am considering a move. I would like to check out some of the shops like BY and the seconds in Redtown. Good eats...and good places to meet some pretty girls.

• 4 months later...

im so excited....just found out im going to stay a week in Beijing then another in Shanghai. Iknow this city grows fast and i hope you guys can help me with updated places to check out by March. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going to be in SH for a few months and I would love to check out the World Expo. I don't know where I am going to live, but I am being hooked up with an apartment for a few months.

Edit:

I found out that I will be living on Nanjing (sp?) Road in Huangpu, not too far from People's Park. Is there anything to do around there?

I'm going to be in SH for a few months and I would love to check out the World Expo. I don't know where I am going to live, but I am being hooked up with an apartment for a few months.

Edit:

I found out that I will be living on Nanjing (sp?) Road in Huangpu, not too far from People's Park. Is there anything to do around there?

Yeah dude, Nanjing Road near People's Park is like the center of the city, that's an excellent location. i lived there (NJ dong lu) for a few months before too and loved it

does anyone on sufu actually live in SH?

Just moved here from Sydney for work, originally from Singapore. This is my third week, been working my ass off. Haven't had the chance to see anything let alone shop.

Only dropped into Uniqlo on Nanjing East when I had a night off and needed a break desperately. But the Nanjing East store looked pretty shit, saw another outlet on Huaihai on my way to a meeting.

Are places like BY, Joyce, still around? I work at the Center and noticed some small shops around Donghu and Xingle Rd, Source?

You can find Joyce, IT in Plaza 66 on Nanjing Xi Rd.

For unbranded stuff with a twist, you can check Changle Rd, Xinle Rd, Nanchang Rd, Jinxian Rd.

I'm trying to check out some stores too but the weather is shit these days...

Just moved here from Sydney for work, originally from Singapore. This is my third week, been working my ass off. Haven't had the chance to see anything let alone shop.

Only dropped into Uniqlo on Nanjing East when I had a night off and needed a break desperately. But the Nanjing East store looked pretty shit, saw another outlet on Huaihai on my way to a meeting.

Are places like BY, Joyce, still around? I work at the Center and noticed some small shops around Donghu and Xingle Rd, Source?

You can find Joyce, IT in Plaza 66 on Nanjing Xi Rd.

For unbranded stuff with a twist, you can check Changle Rd, Xinle Rd, Nanchang Rd, Jinxian Rd.

I'm trying to check out some stores too but the weather is shit these days...

Cheers, what about BY? Is that around? 'BY' is kinda difficult to google.