gap 1969 pics posted

advan

picked these up at gap yesterday. $78 bucks, from the 1969 collection, most of the jeans there were subpar, but these i thought were cool. they have the waxed feeling to em, pics below

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

dont know about you guys, but i like em, fit good, different, and dont look like typical gap jeans.

they look like half selvedge, but i am noob what do I know

You're probably looking at Serge's pic.

are they selvage? doesn't look like it. i had heard that they were??

Those Gap jeans look like they have bound seams. It's an expensive process. These aren't 'selvedge', although Gap does make selvedge jeans occaisionally.

Nice jeans. I like the edge stitching around the pockets and fly. Looks like an interesting hem and waistband too (more pics?). From the pics, the finish looks like resin to me.

yup those are it...i saw em before on gap.com, but you cant tell at all that they are "waxy"...so i thought they were newer or something. guess they've been there on awhile. smallest size they make in 32" lenght is a 30"w, the 29"w's are 30 length.

resin, must be the term. i will take some more pics now.

i noticed in the store, that some of the 1969 jeans it says on a flyer "look for authentic red selvage stiching on select jeans" not sure of any there, cause i look at them all.

Edited by advan on Aug 7, 2005 at 07:07 PM

Edited by advan on Aug 7, 2005 at 07:09 PM

^^They have sewn what is called Bias Binding over the seams on the inside (which also looks like a printed bias binding that looks like the inside of denim), which is not selvage. As someone else pointed out "Self-edge", which these don't have. There are a million thread's explaining this in great detail

• 3 weeks later...