Good Quality Denim brands/fits for a newbie to start with

homi29

I've been wearing shit mass-produced denim my whole life (at least in comparision to Supertalkers), and im looking to change that.

I'm totally new to the premium denim game, getting over the initial hump of figuring out what selvege was exactly haha, i'm looking to dive headfirst into buying some nice denim.

I know alot of the brands talked about on here, but im not sure if i want to drop a ton of money on my first pair of really nice denim, i'm wondering if theres maybe a cheaper or bang for your buck type brand, (middle of the road denim) , before i dive into the more expensive brands like nudie, evisu, APC, prps etc..

I just want to experience the step up in quality first, and see how much of a difference it really is to the cheap stuff i'm used to (think guess, polo/gap or BR jeans). But i dont want to get the absolute best stuff right away, as i have budget limitations.

my questions are as follows any brands are known for bang for the buck

also , when it comes to cuts, which cuts do you guys usually go for?

Last question , it seems alot of 'premium' brands only have button flies, i find these annoying, why the hate on zippers.

thanks for the help.

I just want to experience the step up in quality first, and see how much of a difference it really is to the cheap stuff i'm used to (think guess, polo/gap or BR jeans). But i dont want to get the absolute best stuff right away, as i have budget limitations.

Guess, Polo & Gap use some very fine denim on occaision.

For other good value jeans, try Uniqlo as mentioned and Edwin.

[i've been wearing shit mass-produced denim my whole life (at least in comparision to Supertalkers), and im looking to change that.

I'm totally new to the premium denim game, getting over the initial hump of figuring out what selvege was exactly haha, i'm looking to dive headfirst into buying some nice denim.

I know alot of the brands talked about on here, but im not sure if i want to drop a ton of money on my first pair of really nice denim, i'm wondering if theres maybe a cheaper or bang for your buck type brand, (middle of the road denim) , before i dive into the more expensive brands like nudie, evisu, APC, prps etc..

my questions are as follows any brands are known for bang for the buck

also , when it comes to cuts, which cuts do you guys usually go for?

Last question , it seems alot of 'premium' brands only have button flies, i find these annoying, why the hate on zippers.

thanks for the help.]

I THINK THIS IS JUST ME, I HAVE WENT TRU ALOT PAIR OF JEANS AND I THINK LEVI'S IS STILL THE BEST AS FAR AS WHAT THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW, I HAVE BOOT CUT, STRAIGHT AND ATLEAST 5 PAIRS ENGINEER FROM THEM AND THEY FIT GREAT....

BUT IF YOU REALLY WANT TO TRY SOME MORE EXPENSIVE STUFF, I THINK ENERGIE IS GOOD, IF YOU ARE SKINNY TRU RELIGION MIGHT WORK FOR YOU, AND I JUST GIT A PAIR BLLUE BLOOD RIGHT NOW, THEY ARE OK....BUT SERIOUSLY, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE ITS JUST THE NAME, SO U DECIDE FOR YOUR SELF

CHEERS