Quick question about my APC's

M.O.A

hey, quick question...my APC standerds have started to stretch in the knees....a lot....i know it is natural for jeans to stretch and stuff but I was wondering if they will go completely back to normal once I wash them for the first time or will they always be a bit loose in the knees now. I skate in them and stuff so im pretty hard on em.....

yep. the type of starch you use for ironing shirts. if you live in the US, there's a brand called Niagara which works well for me.

you can also make your own, mix corn starch and water in a spray bottle...and a bit of cologne if you want some fresh scent.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

I've been using Niagara heavy starch on my Nudies. It works pretty well, but it seems to stop being stiff after I wear them for about 5 minutes. Any tips/suggestions, darknworn? Although from what I can tell it has certainly helped the honeycomb area get a lot more definition.

kixsf, I got the spray at Albertson's.

^^i know....they are gonna look so tight. i only wear em when i skate, thing is...they are gettin kinda gross....i hope i can still wear em for the next three months without passing out from the smell induced by sweat....lol.....ill get pics up soon of how they are wearing...honey combs are slightly starting to come in as well. I cant wait

I actually like Niagara because it doesn't stay on forever, just long enough to form some creases. Once those creases are formed, you'll notice they pretty much will fold the same way in subsequent wears. You can try a different brand, restarch more frequently, or custom mix your own with heavier starch concentration. I tend to do my newer jeans once every 2 weeks or so, going over them 4-5 times with Niagara each starching occasion. I have a sort of semi-permanent creases on those jeans now, but without the stiffness, which I prefer. I tend to starch more on the crotch, knee and behind knee areas.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

look, it would be good if you buy some of those products which chemically kill the smell. It should be especially easy for you to find them in US. I found one in Brazil in a supermarket. Whenever my jeans start to smell, I just lay them on the ground and spray a little bit of the odor remover and some hours later there's no smell, not from the body, not from the product. It continues not smelling for at least a couple of weeks. It completely solved my problem of unwashed denim smell.

as for the stiffness and the starch, you can try varying the amount that you apply. Sometimes if I put too much starch it takes too much time to dry and get stiff, and if I put too little, it doesn't get stiff enough. Starch concentration (normal, heavy, etc.) may be a factor too. The humidity of the starch could be enough to shrink the denim.

^thanks guys, i bought some starch today and gave em the ol spray down and it really seems to be helping with the creasing.....

one more thing, will it be bad for my jeans it i starch em everytime before i wear em?...i like the stiffness it provides but i dont want to damage my denim

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net