Superfuture Fantasy NBA Basketball League

munkyballz

NBA Basketball season is coming up and I've noticed that there are more than a few bball heads lurking around, so figure I'd get a thread about this going for all the bball fanatics out there...

So yeah, I created a Yahoo NBA fantasy league, 10 teams, head to head with pretty much the standard catagories.

Once it fills up, any amendments/edits/suggestions to roster or scoring catagories are more than welcome, if necessary.

Plus, if people want to, could do something like a $5.00 usd buy in per team to put in a pot, and winner takes all...to make it still cheap, but interesting for the entire season.

Any ways, so if you're up on your NBA as well as you do your denim, check it:

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/superfuture

or

http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/71942

League ID: 71942

Password: sufu

If you're going to join though, try to be active throughout the whole season though, and actually have some deep knowledge about the game. Be more fun like that.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who wanted more information about the league:

League Name: superfuture Password: sufu

Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/superfuture

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Sun Oct 28 8:30pm PDT

Max Teams: 10

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: March 6, 2008

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: League Votes

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

If there's more interest, max teams can be moved up. Roster/Scoring catagories could be changed, if requested. Draft time can also be changed if requested.

Sorry D-sheep, didn't do Roto, b/c it's a bit boring historically imho compared to H2H, but if this league fills and people want to do another one then, np.

Any suggestions, feel free to PM me or post here or on the yahoo league board.

And we're done.

Draft is on October 28th 8:30 PDT. For those that can't make the live draft, remember to rank your players on yahoo's player rankings so it won't take Scott Pollard with your first round pick!

If there are any sufu'ers that still really want in, then I can add 2 more teams to the league. Just PM me before Oct. 27th, and I'll see what I can do; however, only going to expand it if there are definitely 2 teams interested, for an even # of teams.

I'm in.

I've only played roto before, so I may suck really badly.

Welcome d-sheep. Shouldn't be too much difference than roto, just a bit more interesting/exciting/better paced, imho.

Some major differences that come to mind:

-More scouting of your weekly opponent, and playing the personnel you think will outmatch them and help you overtake them in the various scoring catagories.

-In H2H it's about W's and L's overall rather than total season stats in roto. So you each week you try to win as many scoring catagories over your opponent as you can. Each scoring catagory you win is counted as a W, each you lose, counts as a L.

-Top teams in H2H leagues compete in a playoff format towards the end of the regular NBA season. Winner of the playoffs, wins league.

-Since you're playing a different team each week, there's more tweaking your roster and more trade/FA activity, generally. B/c of this factor, developing and forming a more balanced squad is more important versus roto, imho, b/c every team is a bit different. Yet, while it's a good idea to be balanced overall, it's still ideal to try to be dominate in at least 5 of the 8 scoring cat's, ideally.

-Finally, there's a loooot more chances to talk trash to your opponents, esp. if you're killing them in the weekly battle. Which I think is one of the best aspects/perks of H2H.

It's daily lineups.

It's a long season, but it's fun when you're kicking everyone's asses.

Any last minute teams who want to join must contact me by Saturday evening, but the league is pretty much set.

And finally...Live Draft is on Sunday, set your calendars suckas...prepare for domination.