The DEFINITIVE Top 5 Denim Brands!

john11f

It would be nice to add, AND WHY. I like your first 4 choices john11f, and I think I see where you're coming from .. DSquared though? How do they fit in?

Might as well add my DEFINITIVE Top 5: (more like my personal 5 favorite)

Levi's

Nudie

APC

Edwin

45rpm

honorable mention goes to Uniqlo for their outstanding value.

Edited by powerglov on Aug 5, 2005 at 12:08 PM

you guys are hilarious..

you must all live in nyc..

cause APC IS amazing and all, but on a top 5 denim list?

maybe i'm missing something...

my top 5:

Rogan

Notify

Dope & Drakkar

Flat Head

Rag & Bone

-kiya

Levi's (big E only, they started it all, and everyone has copied or are copying them)

45rpm (cuz they are just plain badass jeans)

prps (selvage only, great jeans, nice details, hefty price tag)

blue blood (selvage only dry goods)

rogan (original cut only....for being innovative, and for being the best alternative to a five pocket selvage jean )

tsubi ( they have really nice detailing, sometimes overboard, but the factory worn jeans are beautiful. Great non selvage pre distressed denim )

Flex1 nice call on the tsubi, no one else mentions them, it's all APC, which are nice but? Another good brand of jeans is sass and bide, girls only but man do they look fine.

Levis, just has to be

tsubi, nice cut best aging (If you want that)

If you want innovative cut try BUG from NZ the flatliner was huge a few years back totaly unlike any other jean.

Another crazy cut jean from NZ was Elevators whole jean turned sideways, made for chicks but too square at top , I got 5 pairs( only 100 ever made).

By the way rogan innovative? levi's did the slash pocket in the 80's . what next, Pleat front?

!cid_Mister.jpg You Mugging Me Off

Guest Berget__

Pace is avaliable pretty much everywhere here in Gothenburg. It's kind of a rockabilly brand if you know what i mean. And im not really in to that. But i guess the denim is nice...havent really felt them.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

In no particular order. My favourites. (Some from viewing only as I have not yet managed to acquire a pair.)

1.)Levi's

2.)Edwin

3.)Samurai

4.)Ware House

5.)BS United. Full Count. The Flat Head. Studio D'Artisan. Sugar Cane. Lee.

Ok sorry. It was more like a list of my favourites rather than a top 5 denim brands. icon_smile_tongue.gif

Aotearoa is like the only one of you guys who were even close to actually to mention top 5 DENIM Brands, all you sucker ass mc's did was list some hot brands right now... Rogan? You guys have to be fucking kidding... wanna mention Diesel in the list too? Burn.

Levis (Flex1, whats up with mentioning "Big E Only", you missed the 76 years before that?)

Lee

Wrangler (BlueBell)

DenimE for copying, and doing it right.

WareHouse for outstanding quality, style and tradition.

Evisu should be on the list too. Could be switched with the japanese brands to suit others.

Whats up with the definitive top5 shit you all think you are posting, the guy didn't ask you what the hell you thought is up in the mix right now.

MAD YOUNG MAN

Quote:

Aotearoa is like the only one of you guys who were even close to actually to mention top 5 DENIM Brands, all you sucker ass mc's did was list some hot brands right now... Rogan? You guys have to be fucking kidding... wanna mention Diesel in the list too? Burn.

Levis (Flex1, whats up with mentioning "Big E Only", you missed the 76 years before that?)

Lee

Wrangler (BlueBell)

DenimE for copying, and doing it right.

WareHouse for outstanding quality, style and tradition.

Evisu should be on the list too. Could be switched with the japanese brands to suit others.

Whats up with the definitive top5 shit you all think you are posting, the guy didn't ask you what the hell you thought is up in the mix right now.

--- Original message by skecr8r on Aug 6, 2005 06:54 AM

Well I think he kinda skewed the responses by starting out with Rogan and DSquared in his list... Who knows if he even wanted our lists maybe he was just DEFINING the top 5.

Quote: Whats up with the definitive top5 shit you all think you are posting, the guy didn't ask you what the hell you thought is up in the mix right now

what do you think he meant by 'shoot!'???

seriously time to chill...

but anyway yeah if i were to go w/definitive it'd have to be:

levis

lee

wrangler

that's it!

Edited by rhythmandsound on Aug 6, 2005 at 01:26 PM

Quote:

Flex1 nice call on the tsubi, no one else mentions them, it's all APC, which are nice but? Another good brand of jeans is sass and bide, girls only but man do they look fine.

Levis, just has to be

If you want innovative cut try BUG from NZ the flatliner was huge a few years back totaly unlike any other jean.

Another crazy cut jean from NZ was Elevators whole jean turned sideways, made for chicks but too square at top , I got 5 pairs( only 100 ever made).

By the way rogan innovative? levi's did the slash pocket in the 80's . what next, Pleat front?

--- Original message by haptronic on Aug 5, 2005 08:18 PM

Hey man. Is bug still going, I haven't seent hem for ages? I read some article where they were trying to put a copyright on the flatliners.

Quote:
Quote:

Levis, just has to be

Hey man. Is bug still going, I haven't seent hem for ages? I read some article where they were trying to put a copyright on the flatliners.

--- Original message by andewhall on Aug 6, 2005 04:13 PM

andrewhall

You still see flatliners a couple of strores every now and then. I know they got into financial trouble a few years back and had to change factories, from the exlevi's factory in morrinsville to one in auckland. The triangle leg of the flaliners looks real tired, so you don't see anyone wearing them now. Her best jeans were stiffies narrow straight legs she did first. After the flatliners it was the Munted with the half elasticated waist, now that kind of waist is for lifting over nappies don't kow what she was thinking. After the munted they did flatliners in all sorts of fruity denim, contrast etc..

In Auckland we get so many different kinds of overseas jeans ( How about Dior Homme on sale for $250NZD) now the local crazies suffer.

Hmm.. sorry to see nobody loves scandinavian denim brands icon_smile_sad.gif, but in no particular order:

- Cheap Monday ( Those unwashed jeans are the best, truly nice fit. )

- Acne Jeans ( They make very nice, simple and clean cut jeans - love those 'Moc Raw' - kinda like APC, but with a scandinavian touch. )

- Dior Homme ( Cause Hedi Slimane rocks?! )

- Levi's Vintage ( .... )

- Visvim

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Levis, just has to be

--- Original message by andewhall on Aug 6, 2005 04:13 PM

andrewhall

You still see flatliners a couple of strores every now and then. I know they got into financial trouble a few years back and had to change factories, from the exlevi's factory in morrinsville to one in auckland. The triangle leg of the flaliners looks real tired, so you don't see anyone wearing them now. Her best jeans were stiffies narrow straight legs she did first. After the flatliners it was the Munted with the half elasticated waist, now that kind of waist is for lifting over nappies don't kow what she was thinking. After the munted they did flatliners in all sorts of fruity denim, contrast etc..

In Auckland we get so many different kinds of overseas jeans ( How about Dior Homme on sale for $250NZD) now the local crazies suffer.

--- Original message by haptronic on Aug 7, 2005 02:01 AM

Hey man. Yeah I thought the Stiffies were the best ones, I never got a pair though. They used to advertise all the time in pavement huh. I did notice all the flatliners in shit denim and everyone kind of got tired of them. We just got a good new store here in ChCh called Contempory lounge, they sell nudies and other good stuff. RR Nudie dry are about $360. I have checked out fabric a few times in AK, heaps of Tsubi eh, $400+

Quote:

^^^^ChCh is short for Christchurch the city I live in, South Island of New Zealand or middle earth.

--- Original message by andewhall on Aug 7, 2005 04:37 PM

Fabric on sale iswhere it is at, twice a year dry nudies $175-200 (can't stand those pockets), helmut lang $175, tsubis $100-175, sevens $100, dior homme jeans for $250. heaps of good clothes and shoes too. Also superette they have 2 shops tsubi for $100-$150 (on sale). Auckland gets the good Aussie brands (sass+bide,Tsubi), as soon as they come out and sometime cheaper than Aussie. My tsubi joeys were $299 the first day they came into the shop.

^^^ Cool man, thats some good sale stuff. Pity there is no Fabric down here. I was meaning to go to Superette last time I was up, heard it was good. Are you in retail/design/manufacturing?