? about buying second-hand denim online

m@!

i know very little about dry-denim for starters. also, i'm all about saving money when possible but i'm also skeptical. is there a way to tell if dry-denim has been washed by looking at the pictures?

i want to pick these up but i figure for the amount of money i'd drop, i wanna make sure they're good to go. i'd like to save some cash on the purchase but at the same time i'd rather just buy them in a local retailer and get a good product.

thanks in advance,

specimen

dsc04982kd6.jpg

dsc04980hi0.jpg

Generally dry denim looks stiff when it is new and washed denim looks less stiff. Depending on the brand it can be hard or relatively easy to tell.

Those look like they're still unwashed. They look relatively stiff and have that characteristic new Nudies shine. Nudies tend to loose a lot of indigo when they are washed and they turn a lot bluer. Keep in mind, that jeans continue to fade even after the first wash so it won't be the end of the world if they're not absolutely dry. If the price is right and the seller seems reputable I would say go for it. Those seem pretty new.

Also, this kind of question belongs in the small questions thread.

Generally dry denim looks stiff when it is new and washed denim looks less stiff. Depending on the brand it can be hard or relatively easy to tell.

Those look like they're still unwashed. They look relatively stiff and have that characteristic new Nudies shine. Nudies tend to loose a lot of indigo when they are washed and they turn a lot bluer. Keep in mind, that jeans continue to fade even after the first wash so it won't be the end of the world if they're not absolutely dry. If the price is right and the seller seems reputable I would say go for it. Those seem pretty new.

Also, this kind of question belongs in the small questions thread.

my bad for the wrong section but thanks for the advice. i've been having a lot of trouble with the board today and had to go to this section via. the browser history.

In addition, you can tell when denim is washed by looking at the leg opening under the stitching. Take a look at a pair of washed jeans and then look at a pair of unwashed jeans and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. It's failproof.

Oh, and those are not washed.

you could ask the guy who is selling them?

that was my first route but he hasn't responded. plus i'd like to know these things just because.....it's good to have somewhat of an idea on what to look for when purchasing online. this guy is a reputable seller but not everyone has the some code of ethics.

online shopping is like a box of mixed chocolate, you never know exactly what you are going to get...

go with your gut feeling, if the guy is nice and communicative, he's probably a trustworthy guy.. if not, then why even bother ?