Evil Denim Jeans

element02

I haven't personally handled them, but I believe they were made in LA in very small quantities and for the most part only rockabilly folks bought them. I also think they were given the cease and desist orders by Levis about 2 years ago.

I haven't personally handled them, but I believe they were made in LA in very small quantities and for the most part only rockabilly folks bought them. I also think they were given the cease and desist orders by Levis about 2 years ago.

From what I understand, they are made with the same denim that makes up the Regular Ralf Selvage. They were produced in Long Beach, and did go to a lot of rockabilly and motor-head folks....

Should be sanforized....

B

From what I understand, they are made with the same denim that makes up the Regular Ralf Selvage. They were produced in Long Beach, and did go to a lot of rockabilly and motor-head folks....

Should be sanforized....

B

• 1 year later...

I found and decided to revive this thread. I have two pairs, a worn in pair that I've worn for a few years, and a pair I have yet to wear. I don't think they are the same denim as Nudie Regular Ralfs, as I have a pair and they aren't similar. Details below. First, the unworn pair. Note the denim detail shots.

Front:

DSCN1553.jpg?t=1233517217

Back:

DSCN1562.jpg?t=1233517246

Denim Detail:

DSCN1555.jpg?t=1233517328

DSCN1558.jpg?t=1233517354

Here are the pics of my worn pair. I've washed them once or twice. The hand of the denim is totally different from any Nudie denim I've handled, much thicker, heartier.

Front:

DSCN1542.jpg?t=1233517458

Back:

DSCN1543.jpg?t=1233517485

Button Fly:

DSCN1549.jpg?t=1233517517

Thigh Wear:

DSCN1550.jpg?t=1233517557

DSCN1551.jpg?t=1233517585

Cut Off Buckleback:

DSCN1546.jpg?t=1233517686

Overall, I have found the denim to be very sturdy, and the construction excellent - I've only lost one rivet on one of the pockets.

If you can find a deadstock pair, I recommend them. I'll probably start wearing the unworn pair this year at some point, to contrast the wear patterns I'll get from my first pair.

-Jake

Very quickly a few more contrast shots:

Back pocket, New:

DSCN1559.jpg?t=1233518034

Back Pocket, Worn In:

DSCN1544.jpg?t=1233518064

Front Pocket Wear:

DSCN1547.jpg?t=1233518089

-Jake

I actually know the guy that produced those, he's a big rockabilly guy from Southern California...

He currently has a retail store, and if all works out, he might start carrying some Flat Head products. Can't name him or his store till some things are finalized, and he doesn't want his name attached to these jeans (for obvious legal reasons). He had stop selling them due to Levi's about a year ago..

Kiya- it's not an english guy you're talking about? If so- i know him from over here (UK). Nice guy.

Have a pair of the Evils in one wash condition somewhere in my denim drawers. If anyone wants them, i'd consider offers.

Kiya- it's not an english guy you're talking about? If so- i know him from over here (UK). Nice guy.

Have a pair of the Evils in one wash condition somewhere in my denim drawers. If anyone wants them, i'd consider offers.

Yup, he's english, he moved to the states within the last few years..