cool sneaker shops in toks

vanity6

of course dude...

i have to find some cool sneaks to return to london with.. thanks for your tip..

think i'll try the little shops in daikanyama or the big mega ones in shibuya.. just thought there might be a cool new one to try..

where have you been hiding ?

this must be elissa. i thought you went back already?

it would have been nice to catch up more. if you do hit on any secret sneaker shops, let me know. maybe i am not a sneaker connoisseur, but it seems like all the sneaker shops are selling pretty much the exact same thing? you might find a few unique shoes around, but in the small shops they dont have my size (11). i just gave up.

as for vanity 6, it is such an interesting story. prince's darlings are in a prince produced/arranged/created band. the main singer, vanity, almost dies from crack cocaine overdose (and didnt she lose a kidney or something?), finds god, and is now a motivational speaker denouncing her past sexy-funk-soul-love life she enjoyed in her prime?

from her website, "she once had her own legion of adoring fans, but now she calls herself one of the 'J.C. Fans'. She used to have people worshipping her as a 'sex goddess,', but now she worships Jesus Christ and recognises Him as her personal savior. Christened 'vanity' by the artist formerly knows as prince in the mid 80's, she now goes by her given name - Denise Matthews"

http://www.denisematthews.com/

ha ha haaaaa... i love that she is sooo into JC now.. this has got to go down in the books as one of the best girl band names..

btw have you ever seen star 80 ??

here until late july if i can score fuji rock tix otherwise early july.. know any leads ?

jem, truely outrageous truely truely....

i know FR is all hot and sweaty but but but.. they have the pixies (which is a must), PJ harvey & lou reed playing on one day, then Franz Ferdinand the next... rock on dude...

please please rent the movie star 80.. about a '79 playboy bunny who was shot by her boyfriend.. starring mariel hemmingway.. ah so lush..

what else is on for your summer ??? would love to hang sometime...

speaking of franz ferdinand... i was at a club last week, and an english guy came up and asked me if i was the singer from franz ferdinand. i am so suprised i didnt say "why yes!", which i can so easily imagine the drunk me answering. but because of his english accent, i thought HE was in the band, and he was kinda testing me.. like "do you know franz ferdinand... because i'm in it!". he ended up being really nice in a rock band. rock on!

i will have to check out star 80, but i think my local naka meguro tsutaya is totally retarded. i can never find anything in there. i spend more than 30 minutes in there, and go home empty handed.

this summer has nothing for me, except for sweaty days on trains. i want a minus ion air conditioner. how was london? how long were you gone for?

i can't believe you DIDN'T own up to being the hot geeky singer... you should start practising your glasglow accent for next time..

London rocks but is so bleepin' expensive.. we only got in about 3 months before getting back to oz for some beaching time and then tokyo called us back.. soooo looking forward to getting back for fun in the sun.. we only suffered mild culture shock.. though some of the accents are hard to get your head around..

going to visit soon ???

so what kicks did you get? i should buy some. the sneakers i was wearing today have holes in them. also need to buy some new jeans.

by the way, a new exhibition opened at dyezu experiment in naka meguro. i think i saw you there just before you went to london.

i still dont have a visa, so i am going nowhere fast.