england :: london :: general

RobbertJan

Man, maybe 3 months ago thinking about it... They've apparently had a sign up in the window for ages and it doesn't look like it's reopening any time soon.

I've moved pretty close to the branch in Tooting though, so not really been checking as I usually just eat at that one.

Man Im gutted about this. Not been to Mirch in a while due to the heat we've been having but now its cooler I would have been visiting for sure.

Man, to think we could have had a Tooting sufu meetup and now I'm on the other side of the world...

Lahore Karahi and Dosa n' Chutney were my favourite curry spots. Radha Krishna Bhavan if I was pushing the boat out and willing to pay more than 20 quid for two. The Selkirk, Wheatsheaf and King's Head are all good pubs.

Dosa n chutny is good but used to be better. Same for Radha krishna... Lahore Karai is somewhere I have eaten for the past 15 years and still I order the same thing. I even ate there the night my son was born at St George's haha.

The Antelope is a great pub, became favorite over the selkirk when it opened, but do you remember what the place was like before?

And how about Harringtons?

another good place to eat there is the portuguese cafe in the market. ace chicken and good tarts.

Dosa n chutny is good but used to be better. Same for Radha krishna... Lahore Karai is somewhere I have eaten for the past 15 years and still I order the same thing. I even ate there the night my son was born at St George's haha.

The Antelope is a great pub, became favorite over the selkirk when it opened, but do you remember what the place was like before?

another good place to eat there is the portuguese cafe in the market. ace chicken and good tarts.

Yeah, I like the Selkirk and The Antelope. Even Soho House are getting in on the action – opening one of their Chickenshops by Tooting Broadway.

Still not tried Spice Village or Dosa n' Chutney.

I think I need to get my ass down to Tooting.

I'm pretty new to the area to be honest. My wife grew up in Colliers Wood/South Wimbledon, but we lived in north London up until a year ago. I'm guessing it used to be a dive? The Mrs says most of the pubs round there were, up until fairly recently.

Will try that Portugese place! Any other local's info??

There's an abundance of great places to drink round SW17/19. My locals are The Sultan near Wandle Park (pretty much the reason we bought our house) and the By The Horns tap room (when it's open). Antic seem to be opening pubs along the length of the Northern Line too.

I do remember what the Antelope used to be like: properly rough Irish pub that ran a Celtic members club on match days. My first London rental was on Undine St opposite the pub but I avoided it completely and drank in Earlsfield instead. Things have changed a lot around Broadway.

SUFU London meetup?

lol OK instead of ambiguous repping can I get a solid list of people that may be interested?

Since it seems people are based all around the city its probs best to do something in central. 

edit: throw in your location also

Edited by broken_dubz

lol OK instead of ambiguous repping can I get a solid list of people that may be interested?

Since it seems people are based all around the city its probs best to do something in central. 

i also tried to organize last year without much success so i hope you'll be more successful!!! i'm in, but i'll only be back in January so i guess i'll probably miss this one, but why not do another one in the winter!!!! if it matters, i'm pretty central / west london (maida vale)

Edited by Kasper

not that i know any of you guys but if you had something set up i'd probly come through.  I'm in central.  I'm here for school from america so it'd be dope to meet some people on here from the area 

I do remember what the Antelope used to be like: properly rough Irish pub that ran a Celtic members club on match days. My first London rental was on Undine St opposite the pub but I avoided it completely and drank in Earlsfield instead. Things have changed a lot around Broadway.

I'm pretty new to the area to be honest. My wife grew up in Colliers Wood/South Wimbledon, but we lived in north London up until a year ago. I'm guessing it used to be a dive? The Mrs says most of the pubs round there were, up until fairly recently.

Will try that Portugese place! Any other local's info??

There's an abundance of great places to drink round SW17/19. My locals are The Sultan near Wandle Park (pretty much the reason we bought our house) and the By The Horns tap room (when it's open). Antic seem to be opening pubs along the length of the Northern Line too.

Yep all the pubs in tooting were pretty divey until fairly recently, I first moved to south london - clapham when even there it was pretty rough in the nineties. Now it is all just estate agents and other douchebags. I just hope Tooting doesn't go the same way and lose its community spirit.

I moved away from toots about 3 and a half years ago, although still worked there until 1 year ago. Now I am an occasional visitor when the need for south indian food becomes too great.

I live in the countryside of north hertfordshire now - different pace of life entirely!

if you guys plan a meet up that happens to coincide with school vacations, i'd be down to drop in :) i live in lyon, but i was in paris for the weekend and my friends and i were about to do a spontaneous trip to london for a day until we saw how much last minute train tickets cost. been meaning to head over there anyhow

if you guys plan a meet up that happens to coincide with school vacations, i'd be down to drop in :) i live in lyon, but i was in paris for the weekend and my friends and i were about to do a spontaneous trip to london for a day until we saw how much last minute train tickets cost. been meaning to head over there anyhow

get an easyjet flight Lyon st-ex to Gatwick cheap, safe, and cheap.

Im in before January plz.