england :: london :: general

RobbertJan

sounds like someone got stuck in the ques :o

plastic people is good.. i havent been in a while but used to frequent fwd..

boombox is good.. fuck all wrong with trannies.

FWD's ill, but i don't see how that dubstep sound can evolve. MC's really set it off though. +awesome for being able to blaze inside.

hit up my first Burlesque night at the Bethnal Green working men's club, but missed the topless cabaret =/. Stage performers included a John Gacy clown that played this sheep bag-pipe and bells. fucking mental david-lynchian trip. Cool crowd nonetheless, girls had that post war housing-boom stay at home mom look, and music was really swanky. burlesque nights are the new tranny nights. key.

what's new shop-wise? Just discovered GOODHOOD tucked away in Hoxton. Well impressed with their balance of high street with more refined streetwear labels, and how you can peer through a floor-cutout into their design studio. Friendly, knowledgable staff, ready to strike up a convo. with all you sufu trend nerds about where the "scene" is headed. =P

• 3 months later...

I'm going to London in like 4 hours. Anyone got any good tips for clubs and clothing stores, preferably the kind of stuff you can't find anywhere else but London?

Is all the info in this thread totally olded already?

Btw, love this thread since the only topic is where you shouldn't go unless you wanna get stabbed, mugged and so on: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=32806

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in London next month ... anyone can tell me about walthamstow? because my guesthouse is near the station.

I know it take always at least 20 minutes to get to oxford street ... but it was cheap.

what about the camden market?

walthamstow is not the greatest - hence the cheap deal i am guessing ... stay there - but probably best to do your sightseeing/ shopping/ drinking elsewhere ;)

camden market has some OK second hand stuff - rad old books and magazines, but there is A LOT of shit

It's probably not to most superfuture tastes, but it's worth a dig around ...

There was a huge fire in Camden Lock a couple weeks ago and I haven't been up there but I think a good chunk of the market is closed. The stables is the only decent bit of it anyway, and only if you're looking to pick up cheap military surplus.

Walthamstow is rotten and you're going to have trouble travelling back there after hours.

normal spectacles. something like these but i just need them to be inexpensive nebb_bk_clr.jpg

^^ ah, the exact frames i have got - buy them online from Moscot - $159US

That's 80 quid - and unless you go for one of the cheap, churn-em-out glasses places you find in the high street, I doubt you will better it. The last glasses I purchased in London (Paul Smith) cost me 350 all up - frames were 180 I think.

That said, as noted, there may be stalls at the markets with vintage frames for sale - doubt you would get anything decent for under 50 quid however.

Maybe ask on here: http://www.optiboard.com/forums/

Good luck!

^^ ah, the exact frames i have got - buy them online from Moscot - $159US

That's 80 quid - and unless you go for one of the cheap, churn-em-out glasses places you find in the high street, I doubt you will better it. The last glasses I purchased in London (Paul Smith) cost me 350 all up - frames were 180 I think.

That said, as noted, there may be stalls at the markets with vintage frames for sale - doubt you would get anything decent for under 50 quid however.

Maybe ask on here: http://www.optiboard.com/forums/

Good luck!

thanks for tip, my problem is my tiny nose which makes me have to try them on to make sure they actually will hold up. For prices, I am fully aware of the level of price in uk but i need to try stuff on and london holds a much wider selection(also both in vintage and sale-items) than any place in norway as well as norwegian prices are just the same as yours, if not even higher.

Guys.

You don't get it.

You don't come to London and buy stuff cheap.

I just don't want a skinny jeans that costs more than 40 GBP ... I know topman got some at 30 GBP ... but there have to be shops that sell such jeans for 20-30 ...... don't?

thanks for tip, my problem is my tiny nose which makes me have to try them on to make sure they actually will hold up. For prices, I am fully aware of the level of price in uk but i need to try stuff on and london holds a much wider selection(also both in vintage and sale-items) than any place in norway as well as norwegian prices are just the same as yours, if not even higher.

Ah, fair enough - the prices in Norway gave me the shits.

Moscot do returns, you just have to pay the freight (which will probably end up costing the same as the glasses).

Have a look for galsses at David Clulow in Neal Street - nothing extra special, but a pretty good range.

Hey guys I'm new to Sufu but have been following some threads for awhile. I'm going to London in March and staying at the New Linden Hotel in Bayswater for about a week. Anything good to do around there? I've only been to London once but for 2 days only. Thanks.