england :: london :: general

RobbertJan

I like the Egg for the ppl who are playing there, I dont really care about the ppl dancing around me, otherwise I would never go back again as the first time I went there I already wanted to throw up in the queue

(I dont like a club based on the ppl who are inside, but the music ... im too old to say that, but I would never go to a club again (once again) if I had to review the ppl inside a club ...)

Edited by Mr.Sander

But isn't it annoying if you go to the smoking area for a break/or if u do smoke unlike me, for a chat or whatever with who you came with perhaps someone new and every kid is gurning his face off, asking for a lighter high as fuck, cigarette, asking bout your clothes or what drugs r u on

But isn't it annoying if you go to the smoking area for a break/or if u do smoke unlike me, for a chat or whatever with who you came with perhaps someone new and every kid is gurning his face off, asking for a lighter high as fuck, cigarette, asking bout your clothes or what drugs r u on

Literally ? I ignore them, yes it's annoying yes it's pissing me off because I don't smoke and I don't end up drunk as fuck 

But we share the same point of view, but it's hard now to go out and to just be able to enjoy the sound .

Here's an option...rather than complaining about existing clubs, why not start your own night? Your sounds, your rules, your vibe, your crowd.

wow whiny twats

if you cant have fun in london youre probably shit at having fun

london has its share of issues, but struggling to find a good night out isnt one of them

dont worry i have fun, i was just saying that you dont have to mind the others otherwise it may crush your mood, and i didn't say london was shit to go out to mistake me 

getting there friday, evian christ release party @ oval space. 

need to get tickets to the event the night after for joy o + vaal. 

what else is cracking? 

Im not a fan of Oval Space, they seem to have loads of sound complaints which ends up with them turning it down. The room is ok but big.

On 21st my friends are putting Chez Damier on in a nice little space in East London

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?569797

Corsica has Boddika playing so that should be good

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?569253

Lost are doing their smaller club thing at Plastic People (which I love)

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?572692

Sims is at Fabric

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?564050

2015 is when they're rolling out a 24 hour subway service, but even then it's going to be weekends only.

In the meantime, anything past midnight is all about taxis or night busses http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/night-buses.aspx

Night busses run from just past midnight until 6am.

Edited by rirawin

yeah I suppose that's part of the night life out in LDN, the night train vibe. incredible city though sad to leave tomorrow, the vibe here is so unique. probably the best dressed city I've been to. the women here really know how to dress. 

cream tea and scones are amazing, despite it's posh reputation I can't get enough of that clotted cream, so good.

will definitely come back one day, super expensive though but you can't take it with you right? 

Edited by spaces

essex is making you way into real english culture which has been raped brutalised and cast out over the last few years, if you don't like london your not going to like anythiing outside london in england other than perhaps manchester

Yeah Brixton is a big space, did they level the floor out (they use to always do this) or were you dancing on a slope?

Buying gear in a venue is always hit and miss, like you say it goes with the territory.

Edited by P_K

essex is making you way into real english culture which has been raped brutalised and cast out over the last few years, if you don't like london your not going to like anythiing outside london in england other than perhaps manchester

lol faces is in gants hill which is still technically London, we're not talking Brentwood and the only way is essex territory or some shit. I agree, the 'essex culture' has become a self fulfilling prophecy, people are becoming caricatures of caricatures. 

And yes, you wouldn;t catch me anywhere near a place like that under normal circumstances, but i was with my cousins. I do find it kind of amusing though.

yeah i myself did it in tunbridge wells with girlfriends family..

also, please, dont buy gear inside..

only hot dealers would bring drugs into a club to sell in london and you don't want some desperate guys drugs

all sorts of problems can arise, 

yeah definitely, I was just pretty desperate for a roll on my last night at a good venue but it didn't pan out. luckily they were just some bunkers and nothing bad happened. 

haha yeah it was sloped out which is quite funny, literally wading in a sea of plastic cups by the end of the night.