england :: london :: general

RobbertJan

The Notting hill area is generally lovely and VERY expensive. There are a few rougher area's which historically you'd have been advised to stay clear of up until the last few years.

It was a working class 'slum' area up to the mid-60's but it's slowly been gentrified and the majority of working class habitants forced out and replaced with very wealthy folks. there is a mix of extremely expensive upper class properties and somewhat more shabby 60's/70's developments tower blocks.

Think the more 'trendy' areas of manhatten as a comparison. Greenwich Village & places like that.

Easy to get to and transportation shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by Mr Black

yeah it's quite central :) well if you and anyone else up for a catch up drinks, lunch whatever... let me know... I had lunch with a squirrel at Hyde Park today so that's the extent of my social life at the moment... haha OK I'm exaggerating but seriously today I had lunch with a bloody squirrel... :dry:

If you're a burger fan, this is your bible:

http://www.hamburger...-in-london.html

Aside from that be sure to check out Spuntino Mishkins or Polpo. Atari-ya is also a great spot for Sushi which is just off Bond street (couple of streets before Selfridges). Dabbous is the new hype restaurant in London, but good luck in getting a reservation...

The Soho Food Feast Sunday just gone would've been good place/event for a meetup.

Anyway if a future meetup happens, I'll be down, if only to ameliorate the previous one that went down many years ago...

Edited by rirawin

yeah it's quite central :) well if you and anyone else up for a catch up drinks, lunch whatever... let me know... I had lunch with a squirrel at Hyde Park today so that's the extent of my social life at the moment... haha OK I'm exaggerating but seriously today I had lunch with a bloody squirrel... :dry:

Anyway if a future meetup happens, I'll be down, if only to ameliorate the previous one that went down many years ago...

i'm down. anyone else?

• 4 weeks later...

headshots I'm definitely down and I'm pretty sure dansta would be too... we've been trying to organise meet up but it didn't happen... also depending on when it is I think rirawin and jeansnkicks are up for it too... let us know of the details here... dates, time etc :) hope to see everyone soon

Friday and Saturday night you should all be at BLOC.

I've only heard of 4 people/artists in the line-up. How old/out of touch does THAT make me feel :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest INDIGO QUEEN

Central London is best and split into distinct areas:

West End/Oxford Street - famous worldwide - if you can't find it here, you probably won't!!

Covent Garden - very arty, small unknown designer boutiques worth checking out

Camden Town - great for either unheard of designer stalls in the market but very talented, second hand or vintage clothes, great atmosphere but busy at the weekend

Kings Road - used to be the place for new designers - now more chain store but great vibe and worth visiting

Knightsbridge/Bond Street - for top quality designer wear - expensive but some of the bestf shoes and clothing on the planet...