england :: london :: general

RobbertJan

• 4 months later...

Just throwing this out there,

Friday, I'm flying into manchester, will be spending most of my time in york at my girlfriend's dorm. We're going to take a trip down to london or somewhere next week, but we're down for distractions. I have a few friends, relatives, here and there but throw me a PM if you want to hang out. More people to contact would definitely be appreciated.

Hah, if anyone has a floor in london or anywhere for a night so we don't kill all our cash on hostels would be amazing. I'm just throwing this out there on the off chance someone wants to welcome us. We both can cook, so we'd owe you dinner at the very least.

Hey London-ERSSSS.

I might be doing graduate work at UCL or Imperial next year and was looking into apartment situations. There's a glut of bullshit on google that I can't wade through, and Craigslist has so little traffic compared to other large cities (I'm in Toronto where EVERY apartment is through craigs) that it seems suspect. Where do londoners post apartments? I'm obv. on a budget and looking in the $900-1200 USD range. How far out should I plan to live? WHERE DO I FIND A PLACE TO SLEEP ON THE REGULAR.

You looking to get your own place? You need to get onto letting agencies for the most part. Check findaproperty.com or rightmove.co.uk for agents.

Expect to be living pretty far out to get a decent sized place for that sort of money.

If you want to share a house - spareroom.co.uk is good and you'll be able to live far more centrally, in a nice house for that money.

• 2 months later...

how un-london of me to initiate contact

anyways

i am looking for businesses/institutions/whatevethefuck to bequeath graphic design services upon, pro bono.

as i'm willing to do shit for free, i would prefer teh potential client to be somewhat classy.

local theatre, arts centre, yoga nightclub - that sort of thing.

photographer/architect douchbag friend needs a book done? pow that's me

oh, a lookbook you say?.. POW, yeah. ME.

if anyhting needs done - [highlight]Department INTLâ„¢[/highlight] will do it for f r e e

limited offer.

I did notice that there's a whole thread newly dedicated to it, but unfortunately the subtleties of socio-political etiquette are lost on me.

I just hate everything & hide my talents, power & knowledge of good coffee shops & noodle joints under a ballistic nylon coated kevlar bushel.