england :: london :: general

RobbertJan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest I LOVE LFC

Anyone know any shops that have a decent japanese denim stock? I'm going there in 3 weeks for a weekend with the Mrs and want to pick up some new jeans.

Butcher of distinction is long gone.

Cinch is a bunch of junk. A whole universe of shit.

American classics has Sugarcane, but i think that's it.

Son of a stag at Trumans brewery is def your best bet. Just do not attempt to let the owner know you know anything about denim or you'll be there for days.

I don't discriminate & I'll shop anywhere, but my dietary choices mean I buy the best fruit & veg that's available when I do.

Thinking about it, one thing London is missing is decent *interesting* vegetarian/vegan restaurants. Mean. there's excellent Surti stuff going on in Tooting and Wembley, but what else? Nothing contemporary, apart from Saf.

vegan wise you not go to that spot on wardour street (soho) its kind of oppisit pret on a corner,all my (vegan microbiotic etc friends) rave about it,its kinda nice as a lunch spot

• 2 weeks later...
Guest I LOVE LFC

So I'm going a week on Friday just want to know if these shops are worth hitting:

Hideout Store

The Garbstore

Dover Street Market Store

Hoping the stock of Supreme is ok in the 1st and 3rd. Want to check out Mountain Research in the 2nd.

The Garbstore is definitely worth visiting, as is DSM; you'll see a lot of stuff there that you can't get anywhere else in the UK. Personally, I think the Hideout is rubbish; generally a poor selection from over-hyped Japanese brands, at over-inflated prices. On a tenuously related note, there's a good Japanese noodle bar (Taro) nearby on Brewer Street.

Funnily enough, I'm think I'm going to Liverpool on Friday. What's worth seeing at the moment?!

Guest I LOVE LFC

Cheers mate, appreciate the info.

Shop wise in Liverpool there is absolutely nothing I would recommend.

To eat, my favourites are Alma de Cuda, just off Slater street, its in an old church, settings and food are great if you are with the Mrs. Then as you come out there is a bar with a big glass front, can't think what its called but you will know which one, pretty sound in there for a beer. Also to eat, Yee Rah on the new Liverpool 1 shopping centre, again nice food there.

The museum is always good to hit up, as is the Tate gallery down on the dock.

Oh and an Anfield tour is money well spent:D

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, going to london with class next week, living near earls court (penywern road to be exact) any cheap eatery nearby? 20pounds/lunch or lower is what im aiming for (im a 17y.o student) also, what clubs are good on weekdays? were leaving on friday and going somewhere on wednesday or thursday would be great. thanks in advance

ive just realized how much money 20 pounds is compared to my local currency, thanks for the tip! is it like a chain thats all around town or something nearl earls court?

No, it's an independent place. It's hard to go wrong with Kebab shops in London either way.

If I remember correctly, it's near the corner of Earl's Court and Gloucester Road. A few blocks away from the tube station.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know where to find Supers sunglasses? I'm looking for their W model.

Also, I heard DSM is having sales. Including all their CDG items?

Thanks.

they had red Ws at Liberty when i was there on thursday and they have -30 or 40 at DSM but not on play