shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

when my advisors/"business professionals" keep saying "network, network, network"

it makes it seem like the only reason you're talking to people in the industry is to get a job/use them. that means everything you're saying is some fluff/BS.

am i wrong in being genuinely interested in people?

^well, being friends with someone and being connected to them professionally are two different things. obviously you have to be able to offer something (info, knowing someone important, etc.) to benefit from a connect. if you leave a good impression on someone there's a good chance that they'll do you a favor when you need it in the future. i don't think anyone expects people to go out of their way for nothing in business (unless you're in a non-profit, but still)

think of it this way. the risk of hiring someone relatively unknown is a lot higher than a candidate who got referred by a person in your staff. why? because ultimately it gets reflected on that staff member if the new hire turns out to be a fuckup or a good decision. a certain amount of accountability is assumed that way.

sorry for being long-winded, it took me a while to realize these things. i got jaded with that advice too, you just have to put it into perspective

Those stupid keypad things that banks give out to increase the security on your online banking. Mine is always at home, so if I want to check my balance online whilst I'm anywhere but home, I can't. Just let me use a bigass password and make it my problem whether I keep it secure or not.

Fuck this guy sitting near me has fucking wedge insoles in his hitop chucks. They must be like 5 inches high because i can see the balls of his ankle peeking at the top. He walks like a retarded duck. i dont know why im hating it so much but its evoking some seriously violent emotions. I want to push him over or something.

Getting too drunk and not being able to remember the end of a night, then constantly stressing out about it for the next few days, thinking you did something bad/stupid, even though you probably didn't and people say you were fine.

Need to chill out.