shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

• 2 weeks later...

So i accepted an offer for a new company, total salary is like 45% higher than my current one though the new company probably has a worse work environment and isnt as big as my current one.

I decided to not tell anyone where I was going because I dont feel like dealing with pettiness or downers or whatever. I.e. "oh, you're going to that place?"

But they keep asking me like they cant take a hint. This one girl whom ive disliked from the start keeps saying things like "you know people normally say where theyre going". Every. Single. Day.

Is this true? Does everyone else say where they're going? I feel like its no ones business tbh. I wanna leave with grace and no bridges burned but these last few days are a struggle ...

Edited by BRICK DOM

from my experience, yes people usually say where they are going.

i get that this new company has a higher salary, but it sounds like you'll be less happy there if you're afraid of telling your coworkers where you're going.  

• 2 weeks later...

Dammit, pretty sure my home PC is on the outs. Windows 7 started freaking out, using 40-50% CPU at "idle." Eventually traced it back to Windows Update Service and that spike quits when you stop the service, but even when trying to install a Linux distro on an unused partition, the system frequently hangs and completely freezes up. I even went so far as to completely reinstall Windows 7 from a fresh slate and the problem still persists. Hard to tell if it's cpu, memory, or motherboard related, but this is an old ass Intel Core 2 Duo from 2008 or so, in a hand-me-down custom made box. Fuuuuuck, all I wanna do is run my media server. Thankfully that all lives on a second HDD that can easily be transferred to a new box. Son of a bitch, time to get with the times I guess

51.9% of the 71.8% of people who voted in the EU referendum.

Embarrassing. I'm actually ashamed to be British. Country is completely fucked. Britain is no longer "Great", nor United.

EDIT: Well only united in hate.

Edited by rirawin

I'm not a euro so it doesn't affect me either way but let's not kid ourselves into believing there's any semblance of actual freedom over there. Especially so when the entire show is ran by unelected officials in Brussels.

Obvious bias is obvious but here's a good starter course

I felt perfectly independent and free being in the EU, the EU nor Brussels governance never interfered with my everyday life nor my future. I didn't see the reason for change, nor did 48.1% of those who voted. In fact I liked being in the EU. I had freedom to move around and work in 27 other EU countries without a need for a visa, I was also entitled to free health cover across EU states should I fall ill abroad. In two years time, unless we have a competent leader to negotiate the exit, this will all disappear overnight. Not to mention our UK economy was starting to recover and the £ was gaining strength.

Within 24 hours, our Prime Minister (while not perfect, is certainly better than the potential shitsters that are lined up to replace him) has stepped down and the public won't get to vote who our next Prime Minister is, not until the General Election in 2020, so we might be stuck with the likes of Boris Johnson, or worse Michael Gove. The latter is very keen to privatise the NHS. We've lost £40bn in an hour alone on the stock market, the £ has lost it's value, 10% against the $USD, and the losses is shared similarly with other currencies. Certain pension schemes have taken an incredible hit, the BOE may raise interest rates, yay for savers, but sucks if you have a mortgage or renting from a "buy to let" property, along with income tax rises.

Our low paid agricultural/services EU workers (at least they contributed NI and paid taxes, unlike our own unemployed) will probably go back to where they came, prices will rise for basic products such as potatoes because our own people are too proud to work for just "the minimum wage". Leave voters bang on that our exports will get cheaper because of the low value of the £, and foreigners will jump to buy our stuff, but fail to realise that we import more than what we export. Fuel will rise by 3p per litre as of tomorrow, and probably continue to rise. Scotland want a second referendum so they can leave the UK and join the EU, NI are calling for a united Ireland. Oh and the leaders of the Leave campaign are already backtracking. Johnson says let's not be too hasty in exiting the EU, while Farage has admitted that the £350m a week that could be saved and spent on the NHS was a lie.

Oh and if we want to join the EU again, all 27 member states have to agree - like hell that's ever going to happen.

Rather than watching a Leave propaganda video, how about watch a more unbiased impartial levelled argument from an academic

The sad fact is, the majority who voted leave were the "working man", unfortunately for them they'll be the punished most. Particularly as people like Farage and Johnson don't even care about the working man, which is made very clear in their policies! 

Also, I'd rather have more red tape than less. The more judges who can judge laws the better. The EU has done so much for equality in the UK, and has in fact saved and protected us from a lot of the stupid laws the current UK Government has tried to push in.

For the record the majority of the young voters, over 60% voted to remain (70% of those aged 18-24 voted remain), because they weren't narrow minded bigots and saw a future in the EU. It was the older generation, from the baby boomer years, aged 50+ who fucked up the the whole thing. Fortunately for them they only have 20-30 years to live with their stupid decision, in contrast the young people will have to deal with the shit storm their predecessors created for decades more.

Putting the facts and figures aside, just look at the people who were representing each camps. The leaders of the Leave camp were renowned grade A xenophobic racist cunts. Who would want to aspire to leaders like that? Oh but wait, isn't Trump popular in the US?

I guess at least the fishermen are happy.

Edited by rirawin

the film raises valid points is all, i'm not saying it's the end all be all. it would be nice to discuss the actual issues without so quickly devolving into useless name calling and accusations of racism/xenophobia/whatever, as that's an incredibly played out tactic at this point. but hey, let's just assume the majority of the british voting population that just pushed this through are just uneducated racist dolts, because that's a convenient of enough cop out.

globalism is failing boys. we're just in the midst of a reset on both national and cultural levels. the UK will be fine, expect france, netherlands, denmark and possibly others to follow suit

I'm sorry, but I can tell you now for a fact it was all about immigration, and closing the borders to foreigners, i.e. anyone who isn't white and not born in England. It was about kicking out "Johnny foreigner" and keeping "English jobs for English people". The whole breaking from Brussels so we could govern ourselves was a smokescreen, or should we say a convenient lie to put in front of people.

Why do you think Farage released a huge Leave poster campaign two days before the referendum which had a photo of refugees and the words "Breaking point" if it wasn't about immigration? Why was immigration such a hot topic for the months leading up to it. Why did the Leave campaign keep banging on about how the NHS and other services are under strain due to the free movement of workers. Pointing out that terrorists could enter freely through our borders, and because of this we shouldn't be accepting refugees. 

Perhaps in the US you received the "filtered" version of the campaign's media coverage.

Also unfortunately, the majority of the British voting population that did push it through were uneducated. The Financial Times released trend graphs of those who voted leave and remain, the sad fact is those who had a degree or a higher qualification heavily leaned towards Remain, while those who didn't have a degree heavily leaned towards Leave.

Want further proof?

Screen_Shot_2016_06_24_at_11_46_44.png

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/24/12024634/brexit-supporters-regret-vote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3658563/Meet-Bregretters-Public-backed-Leave-vote-say-want-STAY-EU-one-admits-didn-t-think-vote-count.html

Like I said, at least the fishermen are happy.

Edited by rirawin

^

i didn't know poles were brown

immigration was most likely the deciding factor, i won't deny that. i just don't necessarily think that wanting to prioritize your own country's interest above others is racist in all cases. the nation-state is not a race, and there are very valid reason for not wanting open door policies that drive down wages, consume welfare resources, and often times fail to fully integrate into society.

Edited by jayrock

I'm sorry, but I can tell you now for a fact it was all about immigration, and closing the borders to foreigners, i.e. anyone who isn't white and not born in England. It was about kicking out "Johnny foreigner" and keeping "English jobs for English people". The whole breaking from Brussels so we could govern ourselves was a smokescreen, or should we say a convenient lie to put in front of people.

Why do you think Farage released a huge Leave poster campaign two days before the referendum which had a photo of refugees and the words "Breaking point" if it wasn't about immigration? Why was immigration such a hot topic for the months leading up to it. Why did the Leave campaign keep banging on about how the NHS and other services are under strain due to the free movement of workers. Pointing out that terrorists could enter freely through our borders, and because of this we shouldn't be accepting refugees. 

Perhaps in the US you received the "filtered" version of the campaign's media coverage.

Also unfortunately, the majority of the British voting population that did push it through were uneducated. The Financial Times released trend graphs of those who voted leave and remain, the sad fact is those who had a degree or a higher qualification heavily leaned towards Remain, while those who didn't have a degree heavily leaned towards Leave.

I agree with you in places but think there's bad analysis and a snobbishness in other places. They weren't "uneducated". They were not educated to degree level ffs.

"But some 51 percent of the total and 47 percent of Remain supporters said immigration had no impact on them personally. Those saying immigration had no impact on them personally was even higher among Leave supporters, at 52 percent."

How do you account for this then? You forget the immense power of nationalism.

The swell of racist people with no solidarity and no intelligence that couldn't give a fuck about the refugees is why these things need to be analyzed and fought right now, not just moaned about on the internet.