shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

no store contacted other stores through email I'm pretty sure. I handled finances at a local nonprofit that got a lot of donations so I imagine some store recognized my name from the email and felt nervous about that. My employers were on my side, but at end of day donator's peace of mind > unpaid intern who wasn't around too long, obviously.

Shame too, most proud of a job I've gotten only to be snatched away by some unfair circumstances. 

met a girl at school unaware she was a junkie

went to store with her one weekend, find out later she returned and shoplifted from them

stopped talking to her after that

months later find out I'm on some "watch list of association" and my work has to let me go as a liability though they very well know I have no association with this girl and would never do something like that. 

Now I need to meet with this store and fix this relationship / set the record straight regardless of the fact I still probably won't get this job back. 

Just so wack something I had no part in comes to fuck me, due to someone I have no ties with having no consideration for themself and the people around them. 

Sue your job and the store, you had nothing to do with this.

no store contacted other stores through email I'm pretty sure. I handled finances at a local nonprofit that got a lot of donations so I imagine some store recognized my name from the email and felt nervous about that. My employers were on my side, but at end of day donator's peace of mind > unpaid intern who wasn't around too long, obviously.

Shame too, most proud of a job I've gotten only to be snatched away by some unfair circumstances. 

a job pays money. 

speaking of which, i hate this 'unpaid intern' bullshit. at least a contractor pays some kinda wage. but unpaid intern? fuck. 

I don't know, like while I'd obviously love to make some money, I'm only qualified to continue being a barista or continuing working construction. Unpaid slave labor at least hypothetically allows me to get make connections and builds desirable resume skills. How is it in other countries? It seems like you basically have to intern now days in the US. 

Edited by Kale Kohai

I don't know, like while I'd obviously love to make some money, I'm only qualified to continue being a barista or continuing working construction. Unpaid slave labor at least hypothetically allows me to get make connections and builds desirable resume skills. How is it in other countries? It seems like you basically have to intern now days in the US. 

I interned throughout college, but I got paid pizza wage and then moved on to contractor (pizza + beer wage) and then loafed off to grad school. I did play the academic slave role for a bit until I realized people paid for the shit I did.

Edited by po_boy_fuuma_hatesbürgerz

not going to something social coz you reason to yourself that everyone there will be a cunt and yet you still somehow regret it all night

this is how i met with my current circle of friends at uni, we all do this

it depends on what you actually do at your internship. I'm not cool with unpaid internships because 1) it's unpaid and 2) sometimes your supervisors might just give you some administrative work that they dont want to do. I had friends who did unpaid internships and during the interview the person made the position sound all good but in reality, they did a bunch of filing/administrative work, some light excel work, and just screwed around drinking coffee from the office kitchen. To me this doesn't really add value other than just getting something on the resume. That's why i dont really fuck with smaller companies as a college student. Most of them will either be unpaid or below market value. 

a job pays money. 

speaking of which, i hate this 'unpaid intern' bullshit. at least a contractor pays some kinda wage. but unpaid intern? fuck. 

man i hate it too but right now basically all internship are unpaid, especially in like design, web, art domain

you basically cant find a paid intern

Edited by aymerikmd

Everything about this: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/roo/4917535519.html 

"Hello!
We are a "green"/low-energy usage, moon/goddess/pachamama-worshiping qwoc house in North Oakland (ten minute walk from Ashby Bart) looking for a fourth roommate who finds solace in a T.V. free home, enjoys the smell of cleansing herbs like sage and copal and will not try and appropriate other people's cultures because they refuse to decolonize their own. This is a single home with four bedrooms a cozy living room two full baths and a nice sized full kitchen (including mixer and juicer). We have two celiacs in the house so kitchen is dedicated gluten free (you can eat it in your room but no gluten stored in kitchen unless airtight). We share the home with two powerful companion cats who are indoor/outdoor. We have a wrap around yard with 7 fruiting trees as well as endless collards, roses and a native plant garden. We live one block away from laundry mats and corner stores with grocery stores about a five minute drive from here. 

About the room: This is a 12x12 room with two big windows and a private wooden closet with additional storage space above. It also has the cutest little nook perfect for an alter space. The room is being renovated as you read this post what that includes is brand spanking new carpet and newly "fresh venetian mist" green paint to help really bounce the beautiful sunshine around using natural light. The room would comfortably fit a full size bed, a desk, and a dresser with room to still stretch or be used as a creative space. The room has a semi-private entrance which includes a small set of stairs so it is sadly not wheelchair accessible.

We are asking 335$ pro-rated March rent(if move in March 15th) + $650 security and rent is 650$/month
bills fluctuate between 40-100 depending on heater usage
we all contribute and expect you to also contribute a minimum 30min of housework a week (this doesn't include your room)
We do not tolerate racism, appropriation, able-ism, misogyny, homophobia, white supremacy or any other forms of oppression in our home. We work to acknowledge that we are gentrifying Oakland since most of us are not Oakland born and we also work to acknowledge that we are on occupied Indigenous Ohlone land. We like to have the occasional potlucks and watch some RuPaul Drag Race or any other queer or marginalized by us for us stories but are very much independent young people with busy schedules.

Please write us if this sounds like a good fit for you, feel free to answer these inquiries:
1) whose land were you born/raised on? (indigenous people of turtle island)
2) who is your favorite drag queen/queer icon?
3) what does a typical day in your life look like right now?
4) whats your astrology sign?
5) how do you identify yourself? (ie pronouns, cultural identity, spiritual identity, etc)

best of luck! ~house of brown flowers" 

Edited by Fycus

man i hate it too but right now basically all internship are unpaid, especially in like design, web, art domain

you basically cant find a paid intern

Most engineering internships around here are paid, cause any freshman who's taken an autocad class can be a draftsman.  Forget about being paid for design internships though (fashion / graphic / industrial).  

Some of my friends in compsci seem to be doing well though.  One started working for comcast and is getting 105 mbps internet for 9$ a month as a perk.  (Here I am sitting on 15 @ 30$ a month...  I'm insanely jealous)

As for shit I hate:  not being able to sleep for more that 5 hours without waking up with chronic back pain

Edited by Schoon