shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

^ guess when we're on the topic, modern "feminism" which roughly translates to:

"I can do whatever the hell I want and not get any consequences for it because I'm a girl and should feel empowered instead of ashamed!" or

"All men are sexist pigs who doesn't understands struggles of being a girl" and other variations

Not to mention how everyone now seems super sensitive to the smallest piece of criticism and needs to be sheltered somehow. Even pointing out facts can get your ass sued or seem "unprofessional" because you're somehow "insensitive".

Edit: I realize now that the way I wrote it may come across as rude and super generalized which I admit is wrong taken out of context. But my point is its kinda ridiculous when you have to constantly be on edge for reactions of other people beyond your control.

Kind of like how that lady in the USA sued McD's for the coffee being hot after she spilled it on herself and somehow won (similar concept).

Edited by FatCook

What to do in a country where people are too polite to respond or raise hell?

Yeah, that's right, pig out and exploit the fuck out of it ugh

And I think he's under the delusion that these are just funny perverted little acts á la game show that people accept socially just because they don't resist just like pjxel said. And let's not get started on the creepy race angle that has been floating around a lot recently.

I know a few loving white/asian couples in my circles and that's not the issue here but whenever I meet white people who go for asian chicks cause they think their game is better cause they're white makes me want to throw up a little. Reminds me of that time I stayed at a certain Beijing university to learn for some HSK tests (TOEFL/IELTS for Mandarin, basically) some pale and fat euro guy who wouldn't shut up about his hot and 'petite' korean(emphasis on korean specifically) dorm neighbors he'd love to show his gigantic dick, relatively speaking of course (l m a o) and constantly pestered me and my japanese buddy at the time how to approach asian girls as if they had a horny on/off button shrouded in eastern and 'oriental' secrecy but I digress.

Women being a price to be won is creepy in general but it gets hella creepy when it's fixated on a race where they can live out their little power fantasies and honestly I don't even feel angry or enraged. I pity them a little. I really do.

After all, it's the common image media portrays and it's Japan itself that produces and consumes the idol industry which sells the image of the ideal docile and cute japanese woman in popular media.

A well adjusted/'normal' adult that consumes female performer-driven music and the associated brand and would just go, 'Oh of course it's all fake, but it's a nice fantasy.', then watches AKB48 or Morning Musume's newest music video where they dance a bit, smile their picture perfect and pastel lipsticked smiles and often subtly plastically altered faces with excessive amounts of bloom and bokeh and other assorted video magic for that ~dreamy pure girlfriend look~ , maybe looks at a few swimsuit pictures of their favorite members in a magazine, feels good about it and be done with it.

People on the outside on the other hand just looks at this whole kawaii culture and take it for face value cause they don't have the cultural context for it and have a ridiculously distorted image on an entire country. Pair that with the reluctance of the japanese to talk back to their 'guests', which you, as an australian white dude who speaks japanese badly on purpose, are aaaand then you get shit like this. 

The world is full of entitled manchildren and all you can do is call the alpha dorks who proselytize their beliefs out on their bullshit (har har), act in good faith and just lead by example. Most of them just don't know any better.

Only then will it eventually pass with time and I think it will.

Edited by Hsin8

what gets me is the heavy handed way the word 'harassment' is handed out. its quite a hefty word and has meaning, but when you call out someone saying 'good morning, have a nice day' for a form of harassing behaviour, the word loses a severe amount of meaning.

dunno bout people that aren't from the uk, but the word depressed is similar. its flung about, for example, 'shit I feel so depressed at the minute', therefore, the lines and boundaries between the people that actually do suffer, and the people that don't know what the fuck they're talking about are blurred to shit, to the point where nobody has a clue what being depressed actually fucking is.

how bout we take more fucking care of the words we choose to use, cos if that vid was renamed '10 hrs of men saying hi to me', there'd be hardly a problem.

edit: directed at the whole NYC street harassment stuff, not that vid up there^

Edited by quentincook

this dude

"Why does this video have so many dislikes? so many overreacting feminists and spineless whiteknights. Trust me when I say this....this guy (Julien) does the exact same thing in America and other Western countries so it's not just Japan, so there's nothing racist about this. Secondly, women love this guy and would slit their wrists to be in a relationship with him.

There's more going on than what you're seeing in this video. He gives women emotions that they've probably never felt in their lifetime. For all you women hating on him, if you met him in real life, you'd drop your panties for him....just saying."

how delusional can you possibly get
Edited by Sunsnatcher

how bout we take more fucking care of the words we choose to use, cos if that vid was renamed '10 hrs of men saying hi to me', there'd be hardly a problem.

except cat calling is sexual harassment cuz 'saying hi' really means 'i'm tryna fuck', veiled in the fugazy notion of 'being friendly'.

do a bunch of guys holler at you every time you walk down the street? probably not cuz (i'm assuming) you're a guy

do you really think girls wana be objectified every time they walk down the street and feel unsafe responding for fear of escalating the situation/unwanted attention? nah

cuz 'hi' means 'im tryna fuck'? is this just in the states? *because in the uk, hi means fucking hi, although it seems almost cool to have your facial features embedded in a book and hold eye contact with not a soul in places like lndn and so forth. ive had wolf whistles shit, what male hasn't? fuck I had a middle aged woman going pssst behind me the other week, shouda filmed that shit.

every single time I get a hey "compliment"

I ignore it.

there's a 1/2 chance that guy will say go on then bitch, you're not that hot anyways

or they will fall back

either way, I don't care and just move on

I'm sure that if someone walked by looking funny or if someone had something for those guys to remark on, they would too

fact of life is that shit is going to happen

pick your battles

I much rather be able to ignore random cat calls then to be subjected to boob grabbing by some crazy rambling dude at an underground train station (true story)

but nobody mentions it can go two ways regarding gender? ugh.

the whole 'catcalling' thing doesn't appear to be as prominent here though, but for me to say its just a thing in the states is wrong of me.

oh I see 'issues' with harassment alright ^ I just severely dislike the fact the word is being nonsensically flung about by morons, especially when you have to actually know what harassment is. its usually of an aggressive or intimidating origin, and shit like that shoshanna heard just wasn't that. plain as day. and CNN/BBC jumping on it and backing her up boils my fucking piss.

Edited by quentincook

it doesn't go both ways.

it is harassment — the comments shoshanna heard were unsolicited, incessant, and in your words, aggressive and intimidating. one dude followed her five minutes straight to get a response, i would consider that both aggressive and intimidating. and when people catcall it's intimidating because it puts the woman in an uncomfortable situation where she will try to ignore them to stop/avoid their advances and put herself at risk of violent or verbally aggressive behavior. if she does respond to appease them, it doesn't stop, a response reinforces the behavior and THEN if she tries to ignore, she'll be at even more risk with the justification being she was "leading them on," because those dudes always have some expectation and sense of entitlement for sex or whatever they want from her. like maybe a week ago some dude slashed a womans throat after getting curved on the street. just leave em alone

That guy is absolutely disgusting, he's just a piece of shit. I tried emailing RSD for the venue of the Brisbane date so I can contact the venue and talk them about cancelling it, no reply yet, but when they do I'll probably post it in here so everyone can email them as well

someone started a change.org petition and one of his seminars have been canceled. https://twitter.com/ComoMelbourne/status/529427627707080704

^ guess when we're on the topic, modern "feminism" which roughly translates to:

"I can do whatever the hell I want and not get any consequences for it because I'm a girl and should feel empowered instead of ashamed!" or

"All men are sexist pigs who doesn't understands struggles of being a girl" and other variations

Not to mention how everyone now seems super sensitive to the smallest piece of criticism and needs to be sheltered somehow. Even pointing out facts can get your ass sued or seem "unprofessional" because you're somehow "insensitive".

Edit: I realize now that the way I wrote it may come across as rude and super generalized which I admit is wrong taken out of context. But my point is its kinda ridiculous when you have to constantly be on edge for reactions of other people beyond your control.

Kind of like how that lady in the USA sued McD's for the coffee being hot after she spilled it on herself and somehow won (similar concept).

Your ay moronz, there are many problems with feminism (and american society tbh) but I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to express with that meaningless rant. Are you on your period or something? BTW the lady sued McDo because she got very bad burns due to those fuckers keeping the coffee waaaaay hotter than they needed to for economic reasons, making even a minor spill possibly dangerous as far as burns go. Maybe ignorant fucks can stop using that example now?

I personally think that women should shut the fuck up about that 10 hrs video, I'm a smoker, I can't walk 1 mins without some bro or 14 y/o micro-harlot asking me for a ciggie.

Fair enough that was a terrible example and dully noted. Now calm down man, it seems that you're taking this way too personally.

Every time people yap their whore-mouths about some bullshit and they get set straight by a kind interlocutor they'll use that cop out. Just thank me for the help instead of falling into that defensive cliché.