shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

8 vtf's, is that a lot?

Relatively, yeah - the Ortofon cartridge I have should track in the range of around 2 grams of vertical tracking force, almost 4 times that is going to exert a lot of force on the grooves and damage them a lot more. Also Crosley's built-in anti-skating controls are pretty terrible, meaning the needle won't often sit in the middle of the groove, it'll run along either side, and combined with that high VTF, it will warp the grooves pretty quickly as well

hopefully there u'll find some old female nerd who shares yr passion about kenneth anger, sun ra, vinyl, or whatever the fuck u think is cool at that moment.  

I wouldn't really make an amalgalm of nerd taste and high culture. My understanding is that nerdy stuff is either part of the now socially acceptable social cementing tool that is pop culture, something like Games of Thrones, or the relatively vilified version that acts only in the same way to socially disenfranchised middle-class teens (in other words people that don't get laid), stuff like world of warcraft (dunno what current interation is) or harem anime. You may question deux oiseaux's motives for liking the stuff he posts about, although who the fuck cares why, or subtly imply that he's just following e-trends/tumblr related intro to highbrow world, but I sure as fuck am not angry some kids these days are looking at Kenneth Anger instead of some stuff with dwarves running around naked talking about princes and stuff. Come to think of it if you add a leather cap the later could be a KA film.

wasn't intended to be an amalgalm.   what i meant by female nerd/etc in my statement was the counterpart to that of deux.  i was wishing him well in meetin some equally socially awkward girl 2 maybe fuck 2 bobby beausolei, ra or whatevs and mutual masturbate to 1st print or misprinted prototype vinyl etc.

i'm not angry bout what he and the other kiddies like, but i'd prefer that they'd share or talk about some new shit that at the very least  seems relative to that of their ages/backgrounds.  that'd be helpful.  i'd find that more informative/interesting.  imho alot of the posts are just fishing for affirmation rep or trying to feign some sort of elitism stemming from net developed taste buds.  

i'd find that more informative/interesting.  imho alot of the posts are just fishing for affirmation rep or trying to feign some sort of elitism stemming from net developed taste buds.  

I'm honestly sorry if it seems that way - I'm sorry if I seem pretentious or anything, all I really do is post the sort of stuff I'm interested - if that seems feigned, I don't really know what do about that. I will definitely agree that my tastes  may definitely be underdeveloped compared some of the members on here more than 10 years my senior, so I guess I could definitely come off as overly opinionated but it's really just because I'm pretty passionate about a lot of this stuff.

That said, I disagree about what you think I should be concerned with - as much as I enjoy looking for new releases, it seems silly, at least to me, to ignore so many important works that lay the foundation for most of what is being created today - for example, a lot of EAI and lowercase/onkyo artists owe a lot to John Cage and AMM, among others, and I think being at least somewhat familiar with the music and ideas of the latter two can definitely help me understand and contextualize new shit, and hence appreciate it more. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have the internet as a channel for finding this sort of stuff, as I'm not as limited by my background or age as I would have been 20 years ago

deux, i remember being your age and making sure everyone on the internet knew about all of the cool obscure records/films/labels i was into. eventually you'll stop giving a shit about some dumb online persona and just like whatever without having to advertise it to the world.

Edited by conqueror

I'm honestly sorry if it seems that way - I'm sorry if I seem pretentious or anything, all I really do is post the sort of stuff I'm interested - if that seems feigned, I don't really know what do about that. I will definitely agree that my tastes  may definitely be underdeveloped compared some of the members on here more than 10 years my senior, so I guess I could definitely come off as overly opinionated but it's really just because I'm pretty passionate about a lot of this stuff.

That said, I disagree about what you think I should be concerned with - as much as I enjoy looking for new releases, it seems silly, at least to me, to ignore so many important works that lay the foundation for most of what is being created today - for example, a lot of EAI and lowercase/onkyo artists owe a lot to John Cage and AMM, among others, and I think being at least somewhat familiar with the music and ideas of the latter two can definitely help me understand and contextualize new shit, and hence appreciate it more. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have the internet as a channel for finding this sort of stuff, as I'm not as limited by my background or age as I would have been 20 years ago

It's how you word shit

And also being on the internet, it's easier then in real life because you have time to think, while you're typing your words, and again before you hit that post button.

IRL words may pop out of your mouth, my mouth, that can't be taken back, that we sometimes wish we could have word better or regret

Also the way conversations are carried out, response rate time required is diff then online

Being conscious of the fact, admitting to it, is just half the work

Taking steps/actions to change is the other, harder half

p.s. age ain't nothing but a number

people that think there cool cause they only listen to deep unknown underground bands

this is true but also

people who just don't know when to step the fuck away from a keyboard, go down to the local bar and interact with people in real life instead of trying to defend shit online with ppl they've never met

never said the u should ignore shit.  it'd just be alittle more palatable if u tried alittle harder to post in more appropriate threads.  there is a wealth of underutilized threads for various specific subjects. sure they dont get as much traffic & attention as others, but that shouldnt and doesnt concern you.  or am i wrong?

y did u feel the need to write an example?  just irritate

this is true but also

people who just don't know when to step the fuck away from a keyboard, go down to the local bar and interact with people in real life instead of trying to defend shit online with ppl they've never met

I just realized that your nickname isn't "just another KY", sorry for thinking you were master pervy for so long. ;(

I just realized that your nickname isn't "just another KY", sorry for thinking you were master pervy for so long. ;(

what's wrong with kentucky ?

anyways – people with $2k+/$3k+ macbook pros using them only for facebook/word/youtube

but hey they paid for it so ymmv

what's wrong with kentucky ?

anyways – people with $2k+/$3k+ macbook pros using them only for facebook/word/youtube

but hey they paid for it so ymmv

I know a girl who doesn't get them fixed/repaired, she just calls her dad in panic and gets a new one. BUT THE USB PORT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE!!!

Sufu hating on conspicuous consumption huh

Alrighty then

i dunno, it's just that it's really good hardware that isn't being used well.

like buying a ferrari and driving it cautiously

once again...not my money so do what you want. just curious.