shit you hate

RedFoxxworth

Meh, I can't even get most of the records I want to play on vinyl because they don't exist in that format. I'm guessing you do hip hop? I've been using Traktor for about 5 years, most of the stuff I want to drop tends to be unreleased dubplates because it's the only stuff people aren't sick of already. No way I'm waiting til the EP is released on vinyl (if ever) and shipped to my house. Usually bring a backup USB or CDs in case my laptop shits the bed so i can just switch to pure CDJs, though.

I have some friends that DJ on vinyl, it's cool to see once but the problem is that unless you're dirty rich, you invariably end up playing the same tired-out shit after awhile. There's an event around here that's the same fucking drum and bass tracks every week because they use vinyl. Hip-hop and scratch DJing is a totally different game, though, and not what I'm talking about.

your view on the culture seems to be from a very narrow perspective..

if you can't find the records, you're listening to the wrong music/on the wrong tip.

if you're trying to spin the rare soundcloud mixes or bandcamp edits vinyl aint for u.

after working the bins at amoeba I know good records can be found at good prices.

have you been looking? learning? expanding?

don't play much hip hop anymore mostly play house/techno/italo/minimal..

motherfucker at either ISC or customs in LA opened up a package with the n(n) frames I bought from mapclub and decided to steal them.

If that wasn't enough the sick fuck chose to taunt me and put a rape support group book inside the ripped packaging with a post-it on it that read "thought you might want to read this- thanks for the dope, so nice" >=[

to make it even worse there's nothing I can do but report it to usps and the oig and hope they feel like investigating it. Some fuckin people...

Edited by halomunkey

if you're trying to spin the rare soundcloud mixes or bandcamp edits vinyl aint for u.

after working the bins at amoeba I know good records can be found at good prices.

thats whats up. ive only spent a few minutes in amoeba and my mind was blown. its nuts how much wild shit pops up deep in crates even in a little mountain town like where im at. listening is all it takes to find good records

thats whats up. ive only spent a few minutes in amoeba and my mind was blown. its nuts how much wild shit pops up deep in crates even in a little mountain town like where im at. listening is all it takes to find good records

Word! it's incredible.. I was working in electronica/house and the used vinyl we used to stock had been warehoused since early mid 2000's so I'd be pulling crisp metro areas not to mention a lot of other records I was looking for from there. When you start working there they give you training on what to do if ppl come in and have a seizure from over stimulation.

your view on the culture seems to be from a very narrow perspective..

if you can't find the records, you're listening to the wrong music/on the wrong tip.

don't play much hip hop anymore mostly play house/techno/italo/minimal..

This was the entire point of my post. That vinyl isn't for everyone/making fun of someone using serato + a laptop is pointless.

why is that so common here? most of my professors have pronounced stuff like ukiyoe, hokusai, etc. almost completely differently too, haha...

Today, she did it with 'bamboo'. Keep in mind, not with a Chinese accent, just something she made up. It took me a second before I knew exactly what she said.

I haven't had a professor of anything for many long years now. But it's a conundrum while, say, ordering a beer like an Asahi, or listening to my neighbor brag about speeding on his Hayabusa. Pretty minor. Even though I know it's wrong I say it the way the person needs to hear it.

how do you overpronounced those words

with like french words i can see it but buddha or bamboo?

Imagine a hacky white open-mic comedian imitating an Indian accent, then a white person imitating that. The result is what you get when she says Buddha or any words relating to Buddhism or India.

I have no idea where the pronunciation of bamboo came from.

I haven't had a professor of anything for many long years now. But it's a conundrum while, say, ordering a beer like an Asahi, or listening to my neighbor brag about speeding on his Hayabusa. Pretty minor. Even though I know it's wrong I say it the way the person needs to hear it.

Or asking an SA about margiela or lanvin or something. Not because they have no clue but because I don't.

Yeah, sooner or later it's going to go both ways for everyone. So I don't sweat anything like that. I can def understand a classroom context drawing valid hate, I'm just talking practical life.